Knee Infection* My L T K R Diary 2020

Thus much swollen at 9 weeks can't be right.
[Bonesmart.org] My L T K R Diary 2020
 
Can you continue to send these pictures to your doctor?
 
I am getting in touch with the hostpital early this coming week when I have finished the antibiotics course.
Trouble at the moment they are only running skeleton staff.
This is not going to bend with this degree of swelling so why is it.
 
I pray that the hospital can give you some relief. Something certainly doesn't sound right at all. Did the same OS do your replacement this time? I will pray for you.
 
Yes the same O S did my right knee in 2018.
Problem I have now under this lock down is I can't go and get a revision and who knows when.
Have you guys with all your years and experience on this forum ever come across anything like this.
 
Last edited:
Defender; I had ltkr on 13 February. I have good ROM and straightness. incision is almost healed up completely. my knee is still swollen and stuff at times. I'm beginning to wonder if the swelling will ever go down. I have large thighs already and when I bend my leg my thigh looks like a beige football. haha. hang in there. I guess the swelling will get better sometime.
 
Defender; I had ltkr on 13 February. I have good ROM and straightness. incision is almost healed up completely. my knee is still swollen and stuff at times. I'm beginning to wonder if the swelling will ever go down. I have large thighs already and when I bend my leg my thigh looks like a beige football. haha. hang in there. I guess the swelling will get better sometime.
Hi
Mine was 12 February and I am lucky to 25 to 30 degree bend at a push.
 
Latest update.
I called the hostpital to say I am concerned about ny swelling.
They told me to call my G P which I did and was told the doctor would call me later in the afternoon.
Then the hostpital called back and said they had spoken to my O S and he said to call my G P I said I had and was waiting for a reply.
The video call with the G P resulted in him saying he was not a specialist in this and after seeing how swollen it was he will be contacting the hostpital to get it seen to.
It's all going round in circles to get anything done and as things are with covis 19 it has put everything out of the normal.
My revision should have been 24th March but of course that was cancelled.
 
My revision should have been 24th March but of course that was cancelled.
Wel it's come as no surprise due to having a lock down with this world wide virus that my revision appointment has been canceled.
What do you mean by the term revision? Was it a review/check up appointment or was it going to be a surgical procedure?
 
My revision should have been 24th March but of course that was cancelled.
Wel it's come as no surprise due to having a lock down with this world wide virus that my revision appointment has been canceled.
What do you mean by the term revision? Was it a review/check up appointment or was it going to be a surgical procedure?
It was a revision which they normally do about 6 weeks after the op.
It's basically to see how things are going.
Of course this didn't happen and the surgeon called me instead I told him it was very swollen to which he replied that's quite normal.
He said keep pushing sit on a stall with your leg hanging and push it backwards with my other foot.
He also said use heat and it's all down to me now.
No one wants to get this done more than me but it's still very swollen I am at 9 weeks post op it's not like this is my first time I had my other R T K R in 2018
 
He said keep pushing sit on a stall with your leg hanging and push it backwards with my other foot.
Why on earth would you surgeon suggest this? All that is going to do is cause more swelling. And heat will also aggravate the situation. Doesn't sound right to me at all.
 
It was a revision which they normally do about 6 weeks after the op.
Oh, I see the confusion with us now. A revision means to completely replace the whole implant with a new one. What you are referring to is a review or an after surgery checkup.

I know this runaround is really frustrating. I pray you can get some personal attention sooner rather than later!
 
He said keep pushing sit on a stall with your leg hanging and push it backwards with my other foot.
Why on earth would you surgeon suggest this? All that is going to do is cause more swelling. And heat will also aggravate the situation. Doesn't sound right to me at all.
Which is why I stopped exercises and just stuck to walking about but I can't put full weight on it as it's painfull.
It was a revision which they normally do about 6 weeks after the op.
Oh, I see the confusion with us now. I revision means to completely replace the whole implant with a new one. What you are referring to is a review or an after surgery checkup.

I know this runaround is really frustrating. I pray you can get some personal attention sooner rather than later!
Sorry for the confusion yes it was a check up with the constant / surgeon.
 
Thank you for clarifying that!

I have a different question for you. I think you said you had a visual appointment? Was it telemed, or something like that? Did you have to join a website and set up an account and password to use it?
 
Thank you for clarifying that!

I have a different question for you. I think you said you had a visual appointment? Was it telemed, or something like that? Did you have to join a website and set up an account and password to use it?
I had a visual with my G P.
He called me on my mobile I just had to accept the video call it had a split screen one showing me the other him.
I then was able to show him the extent of swelling he was pleased to see no sign of infection then said he would send a urgent referal to the hostpital.
 
Last edited:
Oh, that sounds better than what I was thinking. Thanks!

My husband is having an issue and his doctor’s office said something about a computer with a camera which made me think it will be complicated. (I despise his laptop and prefer my phone for all my internet purposes.)
 
Oh, that sounds better than what I was thinking. Thanks!

My husband is having an issue and his doctor’s office said something about a computer with a camera which made me think it will be complicated. (I despise his laptop and prefer my phone for all my internet purposes.)
Yes it was all very simple like I said he just called my mobile number I accept the video call I could see and talk to him and was able to show him all he wanted.
 
Oh Defender. It's awful that you're in so much pain and being very much fobbed off. I guess given the current lockdown it's affecting everything but your knee looks sore and painful. I really hope the antibiotics work. Sending you a hug to help keep your spirits up. :friends:
 
Thanks for all your replies.
During the night had a lot of pain so just had to calll 111 explained everything to them.
They said I need to go to A&E which I did only 7 there including me.
My wife took me but obviously not allowed in.
Well when my name was called to go through to my suprise who should it be but my Surgeon who normally does the private hospital where my op was done although I went to a private hostpital it was done under N H S.
He examined my knee and moved my kneecap about don't know how I can't even see it.
He has told me to up my painkillers and not push too hard and ice ice ice which is exactly what this forum promotes.
Completely different to the phone call 2 weeks earlier.
But at least it has set my mind at rest.
He said expect at least 3 months for things to settle.
 
I’m so glad you saw your surgeon and got advice you can agree with. Hugs and prayers that it will settle down soon for you.
 

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom