TKR Lovablenut's Newbie Adventure

Thanks for the replies, guys. It's reassuring to know from people who've experienced it themselves. I've passed them on to OH and it has given him a better feeling about things. He's been really good, but I can tell it's been getting him down on top of "staying safe at home."

Sara, lol! My husband's initials are KP, as in peanut, hence "lovablenut" :yes: I see you hail from Portugal - we've spent a few happy holidays near Estoi. What fantastic wine we used to get (on tap - first time we'd ever seen that!) from a little cafe. It was a gorgeous vinho verde for a euro. And of courseHenrietta hails from France - had a lovely St Emilion wine from the very place when we were staying in Bergerac.

Jockette and sistersinhim, Rubyroo, Bikinglynn and TrixieRuby - I've never been to the US yet, but have had some very decent Californian wines. Not that I'm on a mission or anything.... :cheers:
 
KP - makes good sence now but still a wonderful avatar - :) think we are all getting fed up with the "stay at home" and also not really knowing what comes after, but in terms of our knee recoveries it is doing us all the world of good, plenty of rest :)
Portugal is well known for its good wines and Ports, the "green wine is wonderful especially on a sunny day - chilled and is still very cheap - did you visit the old palace at Estoi? I live slightly inland near Boliqueime. Totally agree with you France too produced excellent wines and champagne it is a beautiful country.
Have a good weekend xx
 
You're not wrong Sara - the enforced rest has in many respects been a Godsend, and I think now he knows that it's not uncommon for the "good" knee to act up for a while, it will settle him down a bit.

Oh Lord, yes - the wine was beautifully chilled and with a refreshing spritz of fizz which I loved. We actually stayed at the palace in Estoi - they have built a remarkably unobtrusive accommodation block to one side, screened by shrubs and greenery, and they have a lovely pool there too. The gardens are fantastic. The staff there were so lovely, but we did laugh when one lady who always served us our breakfasts and couldnt have been kinder to us, once caught us feeding the obligatory cats, and as she retreated to the kitchens we overheard her stage whisper to a colleague which went "Dey bladdy Engleesh !! Dey always feedinna bladdy cats!!" :rotfl::kittykiss::kitty:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom