Recent content by Loulou67

  1. Loulou67

    TKR Dabber's Second TKR

    @Dabber you’re going amazing!! Not sure that I could have coped with all that you’ve been through! I wish you lots of luck in your journey… you’re fab x
  2. Loulou67

    TKR Second time around. Knee #2

    @Legseleven I hope all goes well for you…… I’m okay….. had my longest walk today and 25 mins pedalling….. my leg just aches sooo much and it does get me down to be honest….. I’m nearly 6 weeks out now and it’s gone so fast but on days like today when it’s a constant ache it just feels such a...
  3. Loulou67

    TKR Second time around. Knee #2

    Hope your recovery is going well? :)
  4. Loulou67

    TKR Second time around. Knee #2

    5 weeks post op and today I went to visit my father in law…… 30 minute drive there , as a passenger, and didn’t take a crutch with me, which is a bit of a milestone, I think. I have had to put a dressing on my incision today though because I have found that my trousers are rubbing my scar and...
  5. Loulou67

    TKR Second time around. Knee #2

    So……. I’m 5 weeks post op tomorrow and this week my knee is fine, however I’m very hard and swollen at the top of my scar line, which doesn’t help my bend…… I’m sure I remember going through this stage last time round but thought I’d attach a very bad pic of my leg for some reassurance??
  6. Loulou67

    TKR Second time around. Knee #2

    @EalingGran No, I had a dish I’ve had before and never suffered like this in the past ?? I had a tiny itch begin yesterday and took an antihistamine tablet straight away….. I had 8.5 hours sleep last night, which was great. Today, however, I think I’ve joined the ODIC…. I woke up with a swelling...
  7. Loulou67

    TKR Second time around. Knee #2

    So…… last night was the worst ever!! I had a good day…… had a walk, used my pedals am and pm….. did some work on the back of my knee…… Had takeaway Chinese for tea and a bottle of Budweiser….. first alcohol in 5 weeks now I’m off my medication. Went to bed at 9pm because I was shattered, then...
  8. Loulou67

    TKR Second time around. Knee #2

    So ……today marks 4 weeks post op of my right TKR. I’m now walking outside for 15 mins a day, with one crutch…… I’m using my stationary pedals to help my bend. I’m only taking paracetamol for pain relief. I learned yesterday that I’m not yet ready for vacuuming the house!! I can iron , sat on...
  9. Loulou67

    TKR Two years out from October 2023 TKR

    Hey @Dmcfad2 ….. to think 2 years ago we both shared our knee journeys on here!!! I’m back , after having my right knee replaced 4 weeks ago!! My left knee is doing well… I still have a numb patch on the outside but other than that it’s good…. I’m really sorry that yours isn’t quite what you...
  10. Loulou67

    TKR Jacimarble’s Left TKR

    Oh you poor thing!! I hope you get better very quickly….. Glad you got some treats with your shopping, you certainly deserve some!! Sending hugs x
  11. Loulou67

    TKR Second time around. Knee #2

    Up at 7am today ready for an early PT session. PT was happy with my progress. My Rom has gone from 90-104. My flexion is good but the back of my knee doesn’t sit fully flat when I lie down so I need to work on that. Been given some new exercises to try and after Friday I’m going to be using my...
  12. Loulou67

    TKR Jacimarble’s Left TKR

    Bless ya…… those teary days catch me out too , they come on for no reason! Be kind to yourself….. getting out in the fresh air for a few minutes a day is really helping me…… I’m nearly 4 weeks out and I still have days where my leg is stiff and my bend feels rubbish….. hang in there…. I’m sure...
  13. Loulou67

    TKR Second time around. Knee #2

    3 weeks 1day post op. Had a pretty good couple of days tbh…. OH treated me to breakfast out yesterday and then a short walk around a local marina. I went to bed last night on just 2 paracetamol and slept for 6.5 hours…. Today I’ve been for another short walk… I really do believe that being...
  14. Loulou67

    TKR Second time around. Knee #2

    So……. It’s 5.11am here in the UK and I’ve been awake since 2.15am after having had 3 hours sleep and no afternoon nap yesterday. I just cannot get comfortable!! My leg is just soooo achy. I’m not in pain just this awful ache non stop. I’m icing, I’m elevating, I used a heat pad under my knee...
  15. Loulou67

    TKR Jacimarble’s Left TKR

    @Jacimarble you’re doing great….. I’m 2.5 weeks post op and I went for my first walk outside on my own today….. used both crutches…. Was good to get out in the fresh air for 15 mins…. We’ve got this !!
Back
Top Bottom