Recent content by lily77

  1. lily77

    THR On your side now!!

    Hello all! I have been experiencing quite a bit of knee pain on my operative leg since my THR, well not the entire time, mostly in the last 2-3 months. I had an awesome recovery, just curious who else has experienced this and what the best course of action might be... I am not sure if I need...
  2. lily77

    THR On your side now!!

    6 month update! Hello all! It is so great to see all these new hippies joining us on the recovery side! I am still doing amazing!! Better than I could have ever hoped! Hip is feeling almost 100%! I still have twinges of pain on occasion, mostly when I overdo, but other than that, I am...
  3. lily77

    Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

    Hi all!!! I had my THR on my left hip on Dec. 18th :) I have been very blessed with an amazing recovery! I do have some pain here and there, but all in all I am doing outstanding!! Was even back to work 15 days post op! I have been walking unaided since around day 10. :yay: I am 100%...
  4. lily77

    THR On your side now!!

    Hey everyone!! Hope you all are doing well. I am still doing fantastic :-) have a quick question for ya... The top part of my incision is starting to develop some fairly significant scar tissue and I was wondering if you all had some remedies to help break up the scar tissue. I have been...
  5. lily77

    Hi, almost 30 and waiting for a Hip Replacement

    I really didn't... Just followed what the others have said here. Pain meds, Ice and elevate. That and my kids/work needing me gave me a huge amount of motivation and desire to get up and moving on to a pain free life :) You will do great too! As far as distances after the surgery, you will...
  6. lily77

    Hi, almost 30 and waiting for a Hip Replacement

    I am just about five years older than you and my kiddos are pretty young (7&11) and I did wonderful with my LTHR! I am 6 weeks out and have returned to work, full time as of week 3 and was walking without aid at day 8. Being young is definitely to our advantage! The surgery seems much more...
  7. lily77

    THR On your side now!!

    I just had my 6 week check up today and all is very well! They said that everything looks perfect, the prosthesis is in the right position and there is no signs of rejection. I am so thrilled! I had to take a picture of my xray, it is so crazy to think that "thing" is inside me!! But I couldn't...
  8. lily77

    Recovery, stairs and children oh my!?!?!?

    Thank you! I have truly been blessed with an awesome recovery! :yay:
  9. lily77

    Recovery, stairs and children oh my!?!?!?

    Hello and welcome!! I am 6 weeks out from my LTHR and I have done absolutely amazing!! I have 2 young kids at home also. No problems at all! They actually helped me quite a bit :). I was able to return to work in 2 weeks and was walking unaided after only 8 days! You will do great! Being...
  10. lily77

    I'm overwhelmed!

    Absolutely get it done! You will feel like a new woman in no time! Sounds like you have an awesome support system!! Huge congrats on your new baby boy!!! That is wonderful!
  11. lily77

    Where to start?

    dede62 is right, I had a scope and he told me basically the same thing, no guarantee it will help. In fact it did quite the opposite, it made things progress faster. I have done soooo amazing after my thr, I have zero regrets! I was back to work in 2 weeks! It is time to get yours done :). You...
  12. lily77

    THR We are home

    It is such a good feeling to have it behind you and on your way to recovery isn't it!? :-). So glad you are on this side now!! Happy healing!!
  13. lily77

    THR Woooooohoooooo I did it!!!!

    YAY!! So happy to hear that you have joined us on the recovery side!! :happydance: And absolutely take everything for the pain that you can! The first few days are tough! I was on a fentanyl drip for 2 days! :ok:
  14. lily77

    Test Results

    You will do awesome and be feeling like a champ soon!! Good luck tomorrow! I will be thinking of you! :ok:
  15. lily77

    THR Spring and summer here I come

    YAY!!!!!!!! You will soon be feeling better each day :egypdance:
Back
Top Bottom