THR On your side now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Texas girl, I do use my walker most of the time. I am very fortunate to not have much pain. I am almost off the heavy narcotics, only taking about 2 a day. I think being a young en' has really been to my advantage. I have 2 kids that rely on me for just about everything! My husband has been great, he has gotten sick however (bronchitis) so we are both down and out! But we are hanging in there!
I do love my job and am so thankful they are so understanding!! They are just shocked I am ready to come back so soon. But I really do feel up to it. I will rest when needed and will listen to my body so I don't over do.
Thank you for all the kind words and advise! I am so thankful I discovered this site!!
 
I am back to work today! (15 days post op!) :happydance: I am feeling pretty good and taking it easy. I can leave early if I feel like I need to, so that is good. Hope you all had a happy new year!! :SUNsmile:
 
WoW. You are back to work. I do hope you have a place to put your feet up so you can relax. Also relax. Do take care. Tashia
 
This has been a very intresting thread . I learned alot.
 
Back to work ! That's great Kelsey. Easy does it though :)
 
I stayed home today, pushed too hard yesterday. I have literally slept all day! I am running a low grade fever, is that pretty normal post op?
 
Just wanted to update everyone. I am 23 days post op and doing great! I have been back to work since jan 2nd and it's been good. I'm phasing slowly back to full time. My hip is doing really well, I do get some pain here and there with the infamous energy drain , but other than that I am doing amazing!! Hope you all are too :)
 
[Bonesmart.org] On your side now!!
[Bonesmart.org] On your side now!!
You are a super star!!!!! You're going to make everybody else here jealous of your quick rebound from surgery. Please just don't get carried away with your success and overdo.
 
It is amazing. I cant believe how much this has changed my life in just a month. Im happy for t
You going back to work already. Are you using a cane yet? Ive finally quit using all walking aids. It was tough for a couple days but my leg has already gotten stronger. Keep up the good work.
 
Hi Kelsey... What a star you are!

I so look forward to reading your posts... You go girl [Bonesmart.org] On your side now!! carefully of course :)
 
Thanks guys!! :) I am just ecstatic with my recovery!! Vilebyrd, I actually haven't been using any walking aids for about 10 days now. It is VERY snowy here in Idaho and I just feel so much safer doing it myself. Maneuvering a walker, crutches or a cane in the icy snow makes me soooooo nervous! I am feeling really strong though, I actually don't even walk with a limp anymore!!! YAHOOOOooooooo!!! :happydance:
 
Good for you. I wish we had snow its gonna be in the 70s here till Monday. I love cold weather. I gonna start trying to get to a mile at a time while walking this weekend. Hope you have a great weekend.
 
I get real tired of the snow, we have it for a LOOOOONG time here! It is pretty, but so cold! Hope you have a great weekend as well!
 
Been having some thigh pain :sad: boooooooo! Anyone else? Also, my incision is hard underneath and still warm to the touch... Josephine, do you think that it is scar tissue or something else? It isn't red, and there is no drainage, it is sealed and "looks" great, but it is tender to the touch and as I said above, warm & hard...
 
Hello,
I am 11 weeks post op. and this is my experience.
My incision is still a little tender if I touch it. On the basis of having 2 hips done I think it is normal.
It just takes time to completely heal. Also it felt warm if I compared it with the other one up until a week or so ago.
I feel reassured if it is getting less sensitive as time goes on-which it is.
My OS said when he saw it at 8 weeks that it was fine and to expect it to continue healing.
Ali
 
Hi Kelsley, mine was warm for awile and if I rub it there is still a little tenderness. We are getting snow tonight and tommorrow, I can not wait for spring, Vilebyrd, I would take the 70s any day.
 
Mine is hard to the touch also but not hot. I also have a sharp pain in incision Somerimes when i walk. I have different pains in different places all the time. Guess its normal healing. Way better than before.
 
Kelsey,
My incision sounds just like yours. I imagine that with time, it will soften up. I guess it will be tender for awhile as it heals. I have someof aches and pains but I just figure that is normal, because it has not been but a litttle over a month ago since we had our surgeries. Hope your thigh pain gets better and that it warms up outside! It is going to be 77 here on Thursday!
 
I just had my 6 week check up today and all is very well! They said that everything looks perfect, the prosthesis is in the right position and there is no signs of rejection. I am so thrilled! I had to take a picture of my xray, it is so crazy to think that "thing" is inside me!! But I couldn't be happier! They also informed me that my other hip may not be too far behind. There is some pretty severe arthritis forming at the bottom of the right joint. I was hoping to escape having to have them both done, but knowing what I know now, I am not afraid to have the other one done. So for your viewing pleasure I have attached a picture of my shiny new hip! :happydance: She's beauty! :heehee:

[Bonesmart.org] On your side now!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom