THR On your side now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] On your side now!!
Terrific 6 weeks report!!! Your shiny new hip is a winner---nice pic! Good to know that now you're no longer afraid and would have your other hip replaced when it need it.


Keep up the good work, take care, and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] On your side now!!
 
Hey everyone!! Hope you all are doing well. I am still doing fantastic :-) have a quick question for ya... The top part of my incision is starting to develop some fairly significant scar tissue and I was wondering if you all had some remedies to help break up the scar tissue. I have been massaging it the best I can, but it doesn't seem to help too much.
Thanks!
 
6 month update! Hello all! It is so great to see all these new hippies joining us on the recovery side! I am still doing amazing!! Better than I could have ever hoped! Hip is feeling almost 100%! I still have twinges of pain on occasion, mostly when I overdo, but other than that, I am doing fantastic! Incision has healed beautifully. It looks like a plastic surgeon did it, it is so neat and tidy! :thumb: Hope everyone is as lucky as I have been with my recovery... I know now not to be afraid of having the other one done, when that time comes.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] On your side now!!
    image.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 168
Wonderful to hear this, Kelsey. Thanks for reporting in. Everyone needs to know that your outcome is the norm, and not the exception. :)

Sharon
 
Great news, Kelsey!!! It's always great to hear a success story. I'm very happy for you!
 
[Bonesmart.org] On your side now!!
Great update!!!! So happy for you that you have an almost "forgotten" hip. Take care, keep us updated. We care.
 
Hello all! I have been experiencing quite a bit of knee pain on my operative leg since my THR, well not the entire time, mostly in the last 2-3 months. I had an awesome recovery, just curious who else has experienced this and what the best course of action might be... I am not sure if I need to see an orthopedic surgeon, a physical therapist or maybe just a chiropractor.

Thank you!!
 
Kelsey, it's not unusual to have a variety of aches and pains in various places as our skeletons adjust to the new normal created by surgery. Some questions to ask yourself:
1. Did you have knee pain or diagnosed knee problems before surgery? If yes, then this may be part of the same thing. If no....it may be worth pursuing with your OS.
2. When do you go back to see your surgeon? I'm assuming you have a yearly in December. You could wait till then and ask him to xray your knees to make sure there's nothing brewing there.
3. You had an awesome recovery....which means you've increased your activity level. What did you resume back three months ago that maybe you have overdone?
4. What have you done to deal with the knee pain? Any meds? Icing? Prolonged rest? Stopped any activity?
5. What makes it feel better? What makes it feel worse?
6. Can you get specific about the pain? Where exactly? On the kneecap? The side of the knee? Which side? Above or below the knee? What kind of pain.....achy, stabby, stiff, throbby? Does it extend up or down the leg?

I'm gonna tag@josephine. She'll want to know a lot of this stuff.

Also, did you get new shoes after surgery? Sometimes it's as simple as the fact that our favorite footwear mal-adapted to our pre-surgery gait, and now that you have a new infrastructure and new gait, the shoes are rebelling.

Sharon
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom