Recent content by LemonCheesecake

  1. L

    Knee Infection* Is this normal?

    @RhodyRed, I have a friend whose knee became septic, but she fully recovered after the same regime you faced. All the best to you for this complication.
  2. L

    Bilateral TKR VA Mom March 2023

    Beachy, you have a wonderful sense of humor and have an entertaining way of looking at things such as PTs who don't empathize with our pain. I was lucky to have a gentler PT, but I think they are few and far between.
  3. L

    Bilateral TKR VA Mom March 2023

    EalingGran, your private pilates lessons sound helpful. I'm leaning in the Pilates direction.
  4. L

    Bilateral TKR VA Mom March 2023

    @VAMom, I like @RaeRae1 's advice. Be careful about making your skin too cold with icing. Wow, you had a bilateral, and even though you are young, it is double-tough. The recovery process for knee replacement is very slow, and patience is key so that we don't get depressed. We all get the blues...
  5. L

    TKR New Here

    Hello, FamilyBates, I agree that the toughest pain is at night. I remember getting up out of bed to walk around the house to alleviate the knee pain. Your situation will improve. I am at 3.5 months post op and have very little discomfort at night. Recovery is painfully slow with a TKR. All...
  6. L

    TKR Lateral tilt of patella after tkr

    @EalingGran -- glad to know about the medial quads to help tracking of patella.
  7. L

    TKR Is this normal?

    So interesting that our TKR can continue to improve even after a year. Patience is so hard, I agree, @Jockette and @JusticeRider. Good to know, @EalingGran, that stairclimbing is one of the last skills to normalize. Swelling is the norm for me even at 3 and a half months post op.
  8. L

    TKR A Right Above-Knee Amputee has left TKR

    Pirate, you are awesome and determined. Fierce and strong. You are only a month post-op and doing well.
  9. L

    TKR Is this normal?

    Hi Alifpb, a year is not up since your TKR in September, and your pain at night will subside by then. This is what I am hearing. I am 3 months post-op, and go to bed with a pain level of 2. Friends who have had knee replacements tell me recovery is often more than a year. I am sorry you are...
  10. L

    PKR JusticeRider’s rehab adventure

    Hey, JusticeRider, thankful, too, that you fell but did not hurt your knee. Feel better!
  11. L

    TKR Recovery #2

    Beachy, I could not life my operated total knee replacement for two and a half weeks post op. My at home (at the time) physical therapist said this was because the quad tendon had been cut and stitched up. We had a message board for the surgical group, and I was told not to worry because the...
  12. L

    TKR My journey so far RTKR

    I totally agree with Beachy!
  13. L

    TKR My journey so far RTKR

    Beachy, great advice about icing, elevation, and rest. I find sitting to be my worst enemy which makes swelling increase more than outpatient PT. I am lucky that my physical therapist is reasonable although still somewhat painful. I am done with my 6 week requirement but want my PT to request...
  14. L

    TKR TKR January 19

    Great idea, EalingGran, to elevate and ice when swelling is bad.
  15. L

    PKR JusticeRider’s rehab adventure

    JusticeRider and friends, indeed, recovery is a rollercoaster ride, and has ups and downs. I am scaling back on my "On feet" activities. I tend to overdo and need to rest more.
Back
Top Bottom