The knee continues to improve incrementally but surely as time goes by. It is still USUALLY on my mind but not all the time, so that’s win! I feel like my gait is mostly normal (my new normal?) but I still need to keep the pace moderate. I used to walk very fast so maybe I’m not as slow as I think? I’m walking about 3.5 miles most days and about 10-12,000 steps altogether.
My ROM is probably really not good by typical standards, but as long as it’s improving, no matter how slowly, I’m just not going to worry about it

I’m still riding the stationary bike 20 minutes a day and it will be a momentous occasion when I lower the seat another click!
For the last month or so, I’ve been making myself step off the bottom step leading with my good foot. Today, for the very first time…I went down an entire flight of stairs alternating feet!!! Yes, I was a little sideways and yes, I was using that railing for sure, but I did it!!! That was huge.
The tight band feeling: it has been with me since the surgery and I had accepted it and much preferred it to the sharp pains I had before. But it it wasn’t exactly a nice feeling. Well the darnedest thing happened! I was getting a massage from my therapist and had mentioned that my hip had been bothering me. So she worked on my leg for an hour and finally I felt something shift and she said “there it goes!”. She told me it was my sartorius muscle that goes from hip to knee and it had been extremely tight So she finally got it to release. Great! Well, after my massage I was taking my walk around the block from the office and all of a sudden it hit me…the tight band feeling was gone. I really can’t believe it, but there you go!
That also helped my hip, which was really being a problem. It wasn’t 100% better but it was an improvement. And I guess the one benefit of basically being bed ridden for the last 3-4 days is that my hip got a big rest and it is a lot happier now. The rest also seemed to help with swelling in my knee. It’s the least swollen I’ve seen it right now! We’ll see how things go when I start being more active again, but it is nice to see.
Ok, so that wasn’t exactly a brief update. But I’ve posted longer!

Thanks for reading if you made it all the way through!