I'm curious: did anyone else get a "knee replacement patient i.d. card"? It came in the packet of information about the DePuy joint and looks like this:
I think the idea is to show it to the TSA agents if your knee sets off the metal detector at the airport. I doubt they'd look at it but I am...
@71Beetle - my recovery's been going quite well. We measured my ROM last week at PT and I was at 130 on the left and 126 on the right (my right knee was bad for a lot longer than my left so I'm not surprised). I've been doing water aerobics twice a week and I really think that's helped a lot...
@Lu.winslow, when I first came home from the hospital I slept a lot. Once I was able to get up and around, I was able to stay awake all day without too much trouble but all I did was read or watch movies. Now that I'm active every day, some days I am quite sleepy and take naps. The last two...
Love the pics! One of my goals is to walk the trail around a new park they opened recently in my town. I haven't tried yet: it's still WAY too hot for that and I'm only 8 weeks post-op. I am a total wimp when it comes to heat and when the morning temp is in the 80s, it's too hot! But by the time...
@msmechanic58, my quads have been very tight too. One day my physical therapist massaged them - OUCH!!! It hurt quite a bit while she was working on them but they've definitely felt better since then. I use a small handheld massager on them sometimes too. My right IT band is the worst though -...
My physical therapist measured the other day and I'm at 128 flexion on the left and 124 degrees on the right. That's on my own, without her pushing the leg into position. Sometimes the right knee feels a bit wobbly - she said this is because my range of motion is improving but I still haven't...
Sorry, @Dutto - I'd have to disagree on that. Sometimes you KNOW it's going to cause pain and you need to get ahead of that by taking your pain meds before the activity. If you wait until you're feeling the pain, it may take extra meds to get the pain under control. I always take a hydrocodone...
No dogs here although I'd love to have them someday - especially one with ears like Lily's! But yesterday one of my 15-lb. cats jumped off my lap and managed to hit both incisions in the process. Ouch! Luckily they're not quite as tender now (8 weeks post-op) so it was not too bad - just a...
@Lu.winslow, I didn't really have movement in my sleep so much as never being able to get comfortable. That's better now - I've been sleeping pretty well in the last couple of weeks. Of course, I've been a lot more tired since my activity level has gone up so much and not getting any naps in the...
@71Beetle, I did start on those meds because of the severe arthritis pain. I see my pain management doctor in a couple of weeks; I think she might take me off the Meloxicam and tramadol but I definitely still need the hydrocodone for the pain during the day.
I definitely love the freedom of...
Yep, my husband also has sleep apnea but refuses to use his CPAP machine. He had one type of corrective surgery which didn't help much. He lost a bunch of weight which did help but then gained it all back and then some. He doesn't get enough sleep and what he does get is poor quality, obviously...
Lisa, I know how you feel about the snoring! We bought an adjustable bed a couple of years ago and I hoped it could lessen the snoring problem. Unfortunately my husband rarely adjusts it! The bed was perfect for post-op; it's easy to get into a comfortable position. I also have a La-Z-Boy which...
Lisa, my abs were really sore from water aerobics: we did a lot of crunches! But other than that I was fine. It's funny you should say that about curly hair - mine is quite curly and I always wanted that long, straight, sleek curtain of hair that other girls had!
I am driving now. I'm on...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.