Recent content by LaKarune

  1. L

    THR 10spro's Recovery Thread

    Hey @10spro, I had a posterior approach and didn't experience drainage at day 14. Can you call your surgeon's office for an appointment for a wound check? Better safe than sorry. Good that there's no sign of infection, of course, but I think you're wise to listen to your inner voice and go get...
  2. L

    Revision THR Second times a charm?

    Hi @Sockeyewillie - I saw your question about a weird internal rotation, and wanted to offer another potential option for what that might be - your femur isn't in its final position yet, and it tends to pull the leg inward (in my experience, anyway). I think it's from the twist the surgeon does...
  3. L

    THR LaKarune's Journey Back to the Dance Floor - Recovery Thread

    Hello Bonesmart friends! I'm overdue for an update, and since 6/20/23 is officially my 2 month anniversary since my surgery, this feels like a good time to check in. I've been healing pretty steadily, but still feel like I'm in a timewarp in which all my days feel the same. I sleep late, I move...
  4. L

    THR LaKarune's Journey Back to the Dance Floor - Recovery Thread

    I’ll look into this. I’ve been drinking a ton of this stuff (image), which is supposedly anti inflammatory. Thanks for the link to the antimicrobial spray. My PA told me not to put anything on the wound, but I’ve been sneaking some vitamin D oil on the skin adjacent to the incision bc it has...
  5. L

    THR LaKarune's Journey Back to the Dance Floor - Recovery Thread

    What I mean is, the skin around the incision (not incision itself) is bright pink and irritated looking. No streaking, not wet, but I know many incisions are closed by this point, so I’m a little scared and probably will be until these scabs come off.
  6. L

    THR I'm on the other side!!

    Fantastic to hear this. I'm not a huge runner (14 miles a week was probably the best I ever did consistently for more than a few weeks at a time), but I have been hoping I will be able to get some more miles under my belt and get that amazing post-run embodied feeling again one of these days...
  7. L

    THR Break on through..

    Hi @NewShoes! Congrats on hitting your six week milestone. I'm at a month, so a couple weeks behind you. I'm still within my restrictions period, but can get down onto the floor just fine. To get down, I stagger my operated leg behind my non-op leg so that I'm not breaking my 90º rule. I can sit...
  8. L

    THR LaKarune's Journey Back to the Dance Floor - Recovery Thread

    Thanks @Layla! No sun or blue skies, sadly, as we are deep in the May Grey part of the year here on LA's coast. Lack of sunshine is definitely affecting my mood...been feeling pretty blue these past couple of weeks. I'm a month out from surgery, and frustrated at how slowly this healing process...
  9. L

    THR Superpath Surgery. May 10, 2023

    Three hours in a car sounds miserable. Hope you get some good r and r this weekend! You deserve it.
  10. L

    THR I'm on the other side!!

    This is so exciting. Am I misreading or are you saying you’re doing 30 miles a week?! Either way it’s fantastic. 11 min miles is a fine pace. So good for the bones and the heart. This is giving me hope! Happy you checked in.
  11. L

    Revision THR Getting close…2 weeks till surgery

    I think it’s great @Charly that you get to meet with the anesthesiologist a few days before your surgery. Please ask them to protect your nervous system — even though you’re probably undergoing a general anesthetic, I think it’s worth asking about a nerve block too. They should also be able to...
  12. L

    THR LaKarune's Journey Back to the Dance Floor - Recovery Thread

    The new one (new as of 2022 which is new to me since last year was a blur of pain and confusion). Make sure you change the language from English (default) to German with Subtitles! It is gorgeously shot and scored and absolutely gutting.
  13. L

    THR LaKarune's Journey Back to the Dance Floor - Recovery Thread

    Oh are they bad? This was in the plan…
  14. L

    THR THR - Two years post-op and doing well

    Have fun with that one @Gloucestergal65! I’m still giggling the next day.
  15. L

    THR THR - Two years post-op and doing well

    Do you all have Netflix in the UK @Gloucestergal65? My son made me watch All Quiet on the Western Front with him (I hate war movies generally), and it’s SO good (so gutting, so devastating, so oddly relevant despite being about WWI). If you’re in the mood for a saga, I highly recommend. (Watch...
Back
Top Bottom