Recent content by lablawrence

  1. L

    THR Lablawrence (Lisa) Joins The Hippies

    @Josephine: Thank you so much for your reply and suggestions. I realize I'm an overachiever and need to let myself heal at a reasonable pace instead of forcing the process. Obviously, that doesn't work. One additional question and I will leave you alone. My surgeon suggested the possibility of...
  2. L

    THR Lablawrence (Lisa) Joins The Hippies

    @Josephine: Thank you so much for your reply. My pain is at EFGHL5F and EFGL4F 1. I had the posterior approach. 2. My pain level is a 3 while sitting. I am stiff when I get up. When I walk, unassisted, my pain level is a 7 to 8. However, I can't walk very long or it increases to a 9...
  3. L

    THR Lablawrence (Lisa) Joins The Hippies

    Hi, It's been a while since I've been on this site. I had my second THR on October 6 on the left side. Sadly, I am having a great deal of pain in my quad muscle and my inner thigh muscle. No one seems to know what's going on. I need some advice, please. My surgeon did x-ray's to make sure...
  4. L

    THR Lablawrence (Lisa) Joins The Hippies

    Hip #2 is now done. My first was on June 16, 2014, and I had my second THR on Monday, Oct. 6. I do still have a few twinges of pain in my right hip (first replacement) every once in a while. Since it has been less than 4 months of healing, I need to remain patient. My left hip feels good, but...
  5. L

    THR Twodogs did it

    @twodogs I'm enjoying watching your progress. I'm just two weeks out from my THR. Next week I start outpatient therapy. I really had no idea what to expect. I just kept thinking I would be given stretching exercises. I hope my progress mimics yours.
  6. L

    THR Did it, tied right shoe lace!!

    @sandee I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. I'm sending both do you prayers and positive thoughts. I hope your second job interview went well.
  7. L

    1 year on today

    Thanks for the update. I'm only two weeks into my first THR. It's wonderful seeing your progress and knowing how much better I will be one year from now.
  8. L

    THR Lablawrence (Lisa) Joins The Hippies

    @beachgal, thank you for your support. I'm not going back until August 1, and I may just use my cain to signify the healing process is still in progress ; )
  9. L

    THR Psychteach is ready to move on to the other side

    @psychteach I'm so happy for your recovery. I look forward to some real exercise. I don't know when I'll be able to get on an exercise bike. My surgeon told me I can never run again and cannot do any high impact exercise. I'm big into lifting weights, so I'm sure that will be modified too...
  10. L

    THR Tee (AKA Frieds) Flipping to "the other side"

    Good luck @frieds and @Sharri I'm sure your recovery will go well. Take it slowly.
  11. L

    THR Lablawrence (Lisa) Joins The Hippies

    It has been 2 weeks since my THR. The home health nurse removed my 19 staples this afternoon. I would say about I/3 of the staples hurt coming out. She took my blood for the Coumadin level for the last time. I can stop taking it on Wednesday, and then I'll be on a 325 mg aspirin once a day...
  12. L

    THR Lablawrence (Lisa) Joins The Hippies

    @NewlyHip, thank you for the link. At least I'm not crazy (or so I hope).
  13. L

    THR Lablawrence (Lisa) Joins The Hippies

    Thank you. I really do feel it's related to the medications. @PA Gal that's a great idea. I will check with the pharmacist.
  14. L

    THR Psychteach is ready to move on to the other side

    Thinking of you and knowing you are well on your way to a pain-fee life.
  15. L

    THR Lablawrence (Lisa) Joins The Hippies

    @PA Gal, you are right. slow and steady. This question may need to go to Josephine, but I would appreciate anyone who has had a similar experience. I am on Percocet for pain. I now take one tablet (5-325) every 4 hours. I used to take 2, but it just made me too dizzy and "out of it." The...
Back
Top Bottom