Guest viewing is limited

THR Did it, tied right shoe lace!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great job with the weight loss - and wonderful that you are walking for so long each day without too much pain - have you thought about getting Nordic Walking Poles- I wrote an article about the benefits of them in the social room :) - slow and steady, that's how it seems to be for so many of us with other body pain :)
 
Okay, Can @Josephine change the title of this tread? I did it. I tied my right shoe lace with my right shoe on my foot.

It was hard as hell and boy did it hurt my stomach muscles (It didn't really hurt my back, my hip and not so much of any buttocks). I put my right shoe (my foot was in it) on the 2nd stair and told myself "Squat down low and reach for the outside shoe lace". Well, the inside shoe lace was not an issue. It was the outside one. I stretched and stretched and my tummy did hurt. Probably since I haven't worked that side of my belly since 2003/2004.

VICTORY. I have a photo as well to share. Now I just need to perfect it so I don't um - hurt my belly so much!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Did it, tied right shoe lace!!
    shoe tied by self2.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 214
Great job with the weight loss - and wonderful that you are walking for so long each day without too much pain - have you thought about getting Nordic Walking Poles- I wrote an article about the benefits of them in the social room :) - slow and steady, that's how it seems to be for so many of us with other body pain :)

Nope I haven't thought about getting anything like that since I don't have a job yet. My three main goals were to: 1. keep in shape and walk 40 - 45 mins a day (walking is 100% free, no gym membership fees due), 2. to reach my right shoe lace and 3. find a full-time job. The fitness is my number one goal since it is free. I don't need money to walk. If I walk, I can loose my belly fat and if I loose that - it will help me to reach my right foot. Got to do hamstring stretches as well. I'm a tight now.

So far so good. I had two job interviews this month so far and I have another job interview next week - with the exact same company that I interviewed with today. If I can get hired at this one company - at either position - I'd be able to work full-time - and start payin' some bills and then - eventually - yes . . .finally - I'll be able to take out a gym membership and may be find a gym with a pool and start to swin! Ah, just in time for summer!
 
Hi all. I will be spending less time on this website. My mom was just diagnosed with cancer today June 25th 2014. I have been on a high for the month of June since I had one job interview each week for the month of June - and I have another one scheduled for June 27th!

But my joy has been stolen from me due to the cancer monster. I don't know how I'm going to do on my job interview. I only hope if I get hired, they allow me time off so I can go with my mom to her oncology appts.

I also have my 1 year post op appt on July 30th so I need 1/2 day off for that one too. I hope my mom's appointment is not the same day as July 30th.

I found a great online support group called Cancer Survivor Network. I'm looking to find help there since I'm so very lost. I guess after July 30th I'll come back and post how my 1 year post op appt goes. Thanks for being a great community for others that have been through a THR. This site has been a god send for me for the first 4 months of my THR.
 
@sandee So sorry to hear about your mother. I hope all goes well for her and you too! Thoughts and prayers being sent your way.
 
@sandee So sorry to hear about your mother. I hope all goes well for her and you too! Thoughts and prayers being sent your way.

Thank you. Still has not sunken in yet. In other news, I am starting to notice very little pain in my left hip - which is new. Never had that before. Pain has always been in right hip. It's weird since I'm 10 months out. I'll ask Dr. Drinhaus about my left hip pain when I see him July 30th. I think it is my weight. I got to get back to walking 2 miles a day. I lost my motivation after last Wednesday.
 
@sandee I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. I'm sending both do you prayers and positive thoughts. I hope your second job interview went well.
 
New pain after 1.5 years Right THR (posterior)? Pain in thigh on outside, not in hip area. I noticed it start Jan 2015, but it was a dull ache. I thought it was due to not walking daily like I used to do in 2014.

(I used to walk 6 days a week from March to September 2014, then found a job in Nov and I was walking A LOT at work. That job lasted 8 weeks. I not only had to get used to my "normal" sleep schedule after the job assignment ended, I had to get used to walking at 6:30am again. So I naturally thought my leg pain was due to NOT getting enough exercise after my job ended just after Christmas.)

We live in Southern Cali so our "winters" last from December to Jan. Our lows only get to 34 at night some nights, our highs in "winter" go from 50 up to 80. So ----we don't have much of a winter here.

Metal implant, but the ball is ceramic. It seems that the area of where the metal should be - is where it hurts. I am 50 pounds overweight. I am losing weight - slowly.

Just a few days ago on 2/24/15 I did some changes to our home. I noticed my pain was made worse 2 days after moving heavy furniture (heavy entertainment center -the kind made in the early 1990s) - moved it with left leg in front, right hip was in back. Pushed with knees as well and yes - I lifted it up off floor for a few seconds. I'm guessing this thing weighs 150 -200 pounds. I'm 200 pounds. I moved the entertainment center all of 7 feet.

Could this little furniture move add a significant amount of pain in outside thigh, in the leg with the Hip replacement?
 
Sandee, for what it's worth, I find certain things will trigger pain in my front and lateral thigh muscles/soft tissues. One of them is lifting/pushing/pulling/carrying too much weight....like dragging a heavy suitcase, or carrying heavy trash bags out to the dumpster. The other major trigger for me is not enough activity. I have been pretty much pain free all of last year. But Michigan winters last from November until forever. And I'm a law student, so I spend the vast majority of my time in a chair, reading and studying. So I've been truly sedentary all winter. My thighs hurt. My joints hurt. My back hurts. Everything hurts. Spring just can't possibly come soon enough!

So your theory may be right on target. In which case, go back to the mantra....rest it with just light walking to keep limber for a few days, ice, maybe an anti-inflammatory for a few days. Then see how you feel.

But if you find that the pain gets worse, or something just really bothers you about it, don't hesitate to call your OS.

Sharon
 
I guess I probably shouldn't be moving anything that is close to my own weight - and stick with things that are 50 pounds or under. Even our old 2004 32 inch tv is hard to move, not to mention - very bulky and awkward shaped to grasp without a dolly - and I think the tv is 50 pounds.

Been walking now for 3 weeks at 4x a week (half hour walk) so I'm still working up to my "normal" 6x a week 45 min walks. I've lost about 4 pounds in 4 weeks so this is a great start to a fat loss journey.
 
Can you tell me the exact site of your pain using this chart?
Please note the instructions in the smaller image

[Bonesmart.org] Did it, tied right shoe lace!!


[Bonesmart.org] Did it, tied right shoe lace!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom