Recent content by kittyroma

  1. kittyroma

    THR kittyroma post op

    I did 10 buttock crunches yesterday (no other exercise except walking with walker back and forth down the hall) and am now very sore in that area. I can see that doing even minor PT exercises will be a challenge. Thank you for the heel pain info, I tried a low pillow over it last night and that...
  2. kittyroma

    THR kittyroma post op

    It's funny how my back and heel hurt but my hip is doing fine. Looking forward to side sleeping when I can get a leg over a pillow and feel secure. I'm taking it slow but keeping moving as blood thinners end tomorrow and i graduate to an aspirin. My friend's cat thinks I'm weird, as I stroll...
  3. kittyroma

    THR kittyroma post op

    MY friends picked me up from rehab yesterday and drove me 3 hours to their home. I got out twice and walked around a rest stop on the highway, noticing none of the disabled toilets were high enough for a hip patient to use. I hadn't had anything to drink, suspecting this. It made me curious what...
  4. kittyroma

    THR kittyroma post op

    I cannot take heavy drugs. I am not being brave, I just literally cannot function on them. The days when I have no pain at all, not even a twinge, I stick with the tylenol (all this is nurse given at rehab), a slight twinge and I go back to codeine once or twice a day. Anything else and I'd be...
  5. kittyroma

    THR kittyroma post op

    I survived, all the terror was there (almost drove husband nuts) until I got into pre-op where resignation set in. I learned the best thing to do is pick the best surgeon you can get, take as much control of the situation as you can pre and post op. I did muscle building exercises but now in...
  6. kittyroma

    scared in US: op in March

    Sorry a fellow bone smarter suggested I tag a moderator. I'm sorry. I am still in rehab with low energy and will have to wait until I can puzzle out the posting. The private message was to someone who wrote me, i went to write back and it disappeared. I shall not darken your tag door again.
  7. kittyroma

    scared in US: op in March

    @Brave gal I just discovered the private message section of Bonesmart. Being me, when I went to reply to your great message it disappeared. Thank you for being so supportive, I'd love to send you a private message answer if I can ever figure out how. I went through with the operation, survived...
  8. kittyroma

    A month away from total hip replacement and I'm getting cold feet

    I'm now first night in a rehab hospital. The surgery at Mayo went well but they gave me oxycodon or something like that and I had plummeting blood pressure and could not do PT as I could not stand up. Also the nerve block in my hip affected blood pressure so I was sick for 2 days til that came...
  9. kittyroma

    scared in US: op in March

    I'm now first night in a rehab hospital. The surgery at Mayo went well but they gave me oxycodon or something like that and I had plummeting blood pressure and could not do PT as I could not stand up. Also the nerve block in my hip affected blood pressure so I was sick for 2 days til that came...
  10. kittyroma

    A month away from total hip replacement and I'm getting cold feet

    i survived!!!! will start a post op thread when i'm out of hospital and have a place to stay. you are all so wonderful!! thanks
  11. kittyroma

    scared in US: op in March

    i survived my march 20 op!!!!
  12. kittyroma

    2014 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?

    hi all i survived my march 20 operation!!!
  13. kittyroma

    A month away from total hip replacement and I'm getting cold feet

    operation tomorrow, frightened and sad.
  14. kittyroma

    2014 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?

    operation tomorrow, i've never been so sad and scared.
  15. kittyroma

    scared in US: op in March

    operation tomorrow, really frightened and sad. Argh.
Back
Top Bottom