Guest viewing is limited

scared in US: op in March

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Megan33 Where did you have your THR? I am hoping to go to Minneapolis to see Dr Olsen (SuperPath). The date is not scheduled yet, although I've sent my xrays.
 
i'm in florida at the mayo clinic, having crying jags, argh, op on march 20
 
Welcome to sunny Florida, @kittyroma ! It's normal to be nervous, but you are in the best possible hands and I know you'll do great!!! :friends:
 
you will do great!! and yes… welcome to sunny florida:)… little hot today but way better than cold!
 
Thinking of you @ kittyroma...try and enjoy some Florida sunshine before your op..take care..Chrissie xx
 
operation tomorrow, really frightened and sad. Argh.
 
You will do great! You are in great hands at Mayo! Sending prayers your way for a smooth surgery and an easy recovery! Will be watching for your post-op updates when you feel up to posting.
 
Please don't be frightened..... It will be done and over with before you know it and you will have a lovely new hip and be able to get on with your life! Thinking of you... Chrissie xxx
 
And don't be sad, @kittyroma ...soon you will have a whole new world opened up to you...and you'll be able to happily live your life pain free! I know it's natural to be afraid before surgery, but everyone here who's gone through it says that the worry beforehand is the worst part. You'll do just fine!
 
Of course you did @ kittyroma! Hope you are doing well...looking forward to more postings when you can..Chrissie x
 
I'm now first night in a rehab hospital. The surgery at Mayo went well but they gave me oxycodon or something like that and I had plummeting blood pressure and could not do PT as I could not stand up. Also the nerve block in my hip affected blood pressure so I was sick for 2 days til that came out and I just got on tylenol with codeine. I am a real light weight when it comes to pain pills.

So today insurance finally agreed to letting me into rehab, and I left Mayo and tomorrow I start at St. Vincent's Southside. My husband goes back to Rome tomorrow so I'm pretty weepy but my friend are calling and I am determined to be a grown up about it. I still can't believe I really did it, up to the moments in pre-op, but I did. And all the Mayo Florida people who cared for me were extremely nice.

Whew. When I'm less emotional I'll start a post op thread if I can remember how!

Thank you to everyone for your support.
 
Hi @kittyroma You are on the road to recovery.
You are doing well!! Looking forward to your recovery thread.
 
@Brave gal I just discovered the private message section of Bonesmart. Being me, when I went to reply to your great message it disappeared. Thank you for being so supportive, I'd love to send you a private message answer if I can ever figure out how. I went through with the operation, survived and am now in rehab. Not able to lift right leg yet and restricted to having people help me get out of bed, but once got off pills given in hospital and anesthetic going away I can see I will be able to move leg someday. I will do my best to figure out private messages, starting a new thread, even with Josephine's @Josephine clear instructions I couldn't do it. Possibly still a post surgical spacing out or possibly my usual technological cluelessness. Just wanted to say thanks thanks thanks, I'll research this site techniques while I'm recovering and let you know how things are going. Perhaps a bonesmart section for technical dummies might be a good place for me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom