Recent content by Kerfline

  1. Kerfline

    THR Left 2013 - Now the right

    Sounds like you are moving in the right direction..no pun intended lol! Every day will get better the more you move around... as you know. I go to see my OS tomorrow to see what's going on with my hip. It hasn't been bad the last few days. I do get pains in the groin area and can't sleep at...
  2. Kerfline

    THR Left 2013 - Now the right

    Dougie, I'm glad to see you made it through the surgery and home recovering! I hope the recovery is speedy for you so you can get back to doing what you enjoy doing without pain. You know the drill, ...do those PT exercises every day and a lot of ice. Good to see you you made it to the other...
  3. Kerfline

    Possibly now,the right hip replacement!

    Jaycee, Thanks. Most people I have talked to that had one hip replaced end up in a few years or so having problems with the other one. Why is that? Yes, I will keep you posted. Blessings, Vinnie
  4. Kerfline

    Possibly now,the right hip replacement!

    Well it's been three year since I had the LTHR. Now just about a month ago my right hip started to hurt driving my car and in bed. Each week it has gotten worse, thinking maybe the problem is coming from the back. Just the other day I got a sharp pain in the groin area which was a good...
  5. Kerfline

    Am I in denial?

    Hello EmEm, Don't wait! Get it done. I had my left hip done three years ago. I lived with the problem not knowing since I was in my early twentys. The problem would come and go, but as I got older those come and goes got closer. All the time in between my primary Dr. Said it was sciatica...
  6. Kerfline

    THR Kerfline on the other side!

    Cheryl, I'm not kidding! I have a foam sleeve for my paint roller. I'm going to give it a go. I call it "RED NECK" therapy. :rotfl:
  7. Kerfline

    THR Kerfline on the other side!

    Hey Cheryl, Can I use a paint roller!? LOL!
  8. Kerfline

    THR Kerfline on the other side!

    Hello Cheryl, My days are getting better, though any pain that I have now is nowhere near my hip. I have soreness on the side of my leg, mid thigh to the side of my knee.I have been taking extra strength Tylenol now and then for some discomfort, mostly after PT. I have been walking around the...
  9. Kerfline

    THR CanukTriMom gets new bionic hip!!

    Cheryl, It must feel great to be home. Get to your favorite spot in your family room in front of the TV ,elevate your leg and ice 24/7. Also make sure you pull all the electronic remotes, cell phone, land line cordless phone if you have one, iPad , picture of water and maybe some fruit to munch...
  10. Kerfline

    Day 1 of a new lease on life

    Congrats to you! You must be glad to have this behind you. Each day gets better..Try to ice around the clock as much as you can, take those pain meds and elevate that leg. It does get better. Blessings to you and welcome to the other side. Vinnie
  11. Kerfline

    THR Kerfline on the other side!

    Good morning everyone! Last night I slept on my incision side in bed for the first time.....it felt good and slept through the night. I'm only taking extra strength Tylenol now, mostly after my PT and exercise at home. I'm just using the cane now so, bye bye walker. Hey...my wife bought me a...
  12. Kerfline

    THR CanukTriMom gets new bionic hip!!

    Cheryl, Welcome to the other side! Ice, ice and ice around the clock. Don't over do and just manage your pain right now. I bet it's a BIG weight off your chest now that it's over. Thinking of you, Blessing, Vinnie
  13. Kerfline

    THR Kerfline on the other side!

    Thanks muckingabout, I am pretty much with the cane now.I know I have a ways to go and that cane won't be leaving my side anytime soon. I'm feeling better though, slept for the first time all night in bed......instead of that recliner. This is quite a process I must say. How are you feeling with...
  14. Kerfline

    THR Kerfline on the other side!

    Joanna, I hope all goes well with your LTHR in a few weeks. I guess now with doing the other hip, at least you will know what to expect, which will maybe,make it easier. I just woke up about a half hr ago and it's the best I have felt so far. I don't see my self taking a lot of pain meds today...
  15. Kerfline

    THR CanukTriMom gets new bionic hip!!

    Cheryl, HIP HIP HORRAY!!!! I am happy you are feeling good. Rest now and will hear more from you a little later. Many Blessings to you! Vinnie
Back
Top Bottom