thank you everyone for the well wishes and replies. Thought I'd get by to add a quick update.
Week 8 post op and day 7 of hospitalization due to pulmonary embolism and clot in leg.
I'm still in the hospital for the clots. I've been told for the past 3 days that I could 'probably go home...
@charmed-life Thank you for the encouragement. I know I need to trust in those providing my health care. For the most part I do, there are just a couple that I wonder about. For being in the shape I'm in, I suppose I'm in the best place I could be for now. At least it's close to home and makes...
@charmed-life Thank you. I am indeed bordering on panic mode tonight. Not sure why. Think maybe the reality of my situation is beginning to sink in. Haven't had much sleep either so that doesn't help. I do appreciate this site and to all of you who listen and care. I need to clarify too that I...
just wondering if any of you share through Facebook or the like? Or if that's allowed? Would be nice to chat with some of you sometime if anyone is interested. Don't want to post info that's not allowed though. I looked at the social tab here briefly, but seems to be mostly of games and such...
Thank you to @Josephine @charmed-life @Hoppy Nanny Things have been up and down on my side and haven't gotten around here the way I'd like or should. I do appreciate you though it may not seem so, and have been thinking of you all here at BoneSmart.
A quick update. I was 7 weeks post op this...
Update well, tomorrow will be 5 full weeks:
Last update I think I mentioned frozen pipes and cold weather. The 'rest of the story' was that once things thawed out I was left with two water leaks, all repaired and good as new now. This morning I awoke to the sound of thunder and at final count...
@Hoppy Nanny Hi Chrissie! Sorry it took so long to get back here. Just want to say thank you again for the well wishes and encouragement. :) I'm doing well and will do another update here shortly, but wanted to thank you personally!
I've been thinking of you and also your sister and wondering...
hi @ststyle59 My hippy twin! lol Good to hear from you and good to hear you're doing well. Can't believe you've lost 2 of your steri strips already. Mine seem to be homesteaded! I get you on the unsteadiness and the cold. I haven't seen it this cold here in the south in years. I'm in my...
Hi @bentleysmom32 It's kay from the hip side checking in on you. Good to hear from you. Sorry you had a rough time but it will get better. hang in there and keep us updated when you feel well enough to do so. Sending all good wishes your way!
Kay
@Hoppy Nanny Ah Chrissie! I was a bit concerned over having chuffed your sister, until I read a bit further.
I was concerned yet again when I realized no one had bothered to tell me about flute squeezing. :rofsign:
Thankfully I kept my focus and read through your thread. Can't wait to use...
@medic4355 You are so right in that those first few days are rough. It only gets better from there though.
Just stopping by to wish you a speedy recovery and smooth sailing ahead!
All the best to you.
Kay
I am sorry for your troubles. What a scare that must have been for you! I am so glad that things worked out well and just love your positive attitude. :)Just wanted to stop by and wish you well and say what a great inspiration you are.
My best to you.
Kay
I'm wondering.. If I have questions, general questions for instance to no one in particular, do i just post them here on my recovery thread? I'm just wondering how anyone will know there is a question as there's quite a bit to keep up with what with the forum being so large. In pre op I know you...
Here's a pic of my battle scar at about 7 days out. Can't believe I'm posting a pic of my bufhoofus here but here goes..I think. Not quite sure how to do this. My leg is about 3x it's normal size!
Update Week 4 and 1 day: I pretty much said most of it in Jamie's post above, but I'll post it here to maybe make it easier to find/read for future reference...or something. :heehee:
In the last couple of days I have switched completely to the cane..at least in the house..and at least for now...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.