Recent content by kayow11

  1. kayow11

    Revision TKR Third times the charm- hopefully

    Sounds like the same physical problems I have with moderate to severe foot pronation, back pain, balance issues, leg weakness, and hip/knee pain. I am in the process of getting new orthotics since I am finally done with my last surgery. Some of these symptoms have improved a little since the...
  2. kayow11

    Revision TKR Third times the charm- hopefully

    For me, PT did help with muscle strengthening, but at the same time it caused my knees to always feel sore, more painful and flared up for a couple days afterwards. I had my last surgery March 26, revision on my left leg that was approximately 10° Valgus from the surgery I had last September...
  3. kayow11

    Revision TKR Third and final surgery all done

    @Jockette, thanks for the detailed info. That is how I like to communicate :-) I only wish I could get to 110. I hope that day comes when I break 100°. I can't do stairs going down reciprocally either. I always go down backwards. Even going up the stairs, I can do it but I feel my whole left...
  4. kayow11

    Revision TKR Third and final surgery all done

    @Jockette, A few times recently I have read that your knee bend is continuing to, or should I say, finally improving. That is encouraging to hear for me. Maybe it's still coming over here :-) do you have any idea how far you're bending?
  5. kayow11

    Revision TKR Third and final surgery all done

    Thank you, fine people, ladies in particular since that is who is on here mostly, for all the kind and encouraging words. Where would we be without hope? I truly am counting on the future being different for me. But as @sistersinhim and @SusieShoes /USER] said, it won't be overnight, as I...
  6. kayow11

    Revision TKR Third and final surgery all done

    I would not say that I am better yet. The bone on bone pain hurt, but my legs still hurt just as much, only in a different way. I'm still not at the point where I was before any of my knee surgeries. That is the sad and discouraging part, but I still am hopeful that will change in my future...
  7. kayow11

    Revision TKR Third and final surgery all done

    Hello bone smarties! I haven't posted for a while, mostly because of two reasons. I have tried to have my grandkids over a lot in the month of August and do some fun things with them that I am able to do, and the truth is there is not much news to tell. I feel my standing and walking ability...
  8. kayow11

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    Sounds like a fun group to be around. I don't have those kinds of hobbies. But I do like to garden which I haven't been able to do for three years now. Hopefully someday I can get back to some sort of gardening, such as a raised garden, and I would like to grow vegetables and still have some of...
  9. kayow11

    Revision TKR Third and final surgery all done

    Are there alternative prosthetic knee replacement parts that don't contain these metals you're allergic to? That's crazy! I feel bad that you have allergies to all of these metals. It has been poisoning your system for a year. I don't think that's my problem but we all have something Going on...
  10. kayow11

    Revision TKR Third and final surgery all done

    @Melanie1, thanks for your encouraging post to me. It helps me when I am reminded by others that I've been through an awful lot in the past 14 months and I am expecting a lot from myself. My chiropractor said, I've been to hell and back. Somehow that makes me feel justified in being disgusted...
  11. kayow11

    Revision TKR Third and final surgery all done

    @KarriB, thanks for reminding me about your struggles and limited motion too. It helps me to settle down and feel a little better about my situation. I just need/desire some kind of notable breakthrough because it seems like everything has been mostly the same for a few months now. I know...
  12. kayow11

    Revision TKR Third and final surgery all done

    @KarriB, I still feel like I have swelling in and around the joint. The angle of bend has not changed either. 95 degrees for 13 month old knee, and 85-90 on 4 month old knee. They do hurt more and swell some with too much of any activity, namely standing and walking, especially on hard...
  13. kayow11

    Revision TKR Third and final surgery all done

    I have talked to many people about my situation, and they all say, why don't you get an attorney.? You definitely have a case. But they don't realize that medical malpractice is a whole different animal. It is very hard to get to doctors. When they make mistakes, it's seems like not much...
  14. kayow11

    Revision TKR Third and final surgery all done

    How am I doing? About the same I guess. The last two days I have tried not wearing my ace wraps around my knees just to see if I can stand it. The knees feel gross when the extra ace wrap compression is not on, Even though I already wear tight Jobst compression thigh high stockings. But I am...
  15. kayow11

    Revision TKR Hood1980’s Revision

    My surgeons never cut my quad muscle. If they ever did that, it must have been early on in knee replacement. They just moved it aside some to get to the spot they needed to. I feel that I recovered a little better and not as painful after my revision, than the other two surgeries. If they...
Back
Top Bottom