Recent content by Jsankowski

  1. Jsankowski

    TKR Two TKR in two weeks---let the fun begin!

    My husband had a different surgeon, same practice, both of our surgeons are top notch. They say one issue I have is I heal very fast and I lay down a lot of scar tissue. My right knee's scar is ugly but it moves great. I use Flexeril. I will say, since I started using the brace and muscle...
  2. Jsankowski

    PKR Oops, I did it again...Round 2 complete!

    Okay here is one for you! I noticed both my husband and I have a little fat or puffiness above our knees. I asked the PT and OS if that will go away and they said no! There will always be puffiness because of the replacement. So instead of having a FUPA we have FUKAs! :rotfl:
  3. Jsankowski

    PKR Oops, I did it again...Round 2 complete!

    What an awesome reason to be thankful, your baby is safe! Sorry to hear that you and him had to go through this ordeal. Can not wait to hear how your return to work goes!
  4. Jsankowski

    TKR Two TKR in two weeks---let the fun begin!

    . Welcome chestnc! Thank you for the wishes ... Stick a fork in me I am done with all this knee drama! how are you doing with your knee?
  5. Jsankowski

    TKR Two TKR in two weeks---let the fun begin!

    Hey all I am still alive and still fighting! I am now wearing a Empi Advance Dynamic ROM brace at night to try and gain some extension in my left knee. I like the brace because it is gentle. When I was fitted with it they started at 2 lbs of tension. The rep. for Donjoy talked for awhile...
  6. Jsankowski

    TKR Two TKR in two weeks---let the fun begin!

    Well you do what you have to do. Thank goodness for ice, pain meds and this website. Lol You should see me in PT, I am not coordinated!
  7. Jsankowski

    TKR Two TKR in two weeks---let the fun begin!

    I wish I knew! My PT told me to keep doing my stretches at home otherwise it will stiffen up again. How long before it "catches" ? Today after the MUAs I had 126 on right knee and 102 on left!
  8. Jsankowski

    TKR Two TKR in two weeks---let the fun begin!

    Last night I actually slept on my stomach, I have not done that in years! My knee were flat on the mattress! Today is mantra day! Ice, elevate and medicate. Not too much pain yet but I just woke up.
  9. Jsankowski

    TKR Two TKR in two weeks---let the fun begin!

    Well good news no scope on my left knee but the OS did do bi-lat MUAs. Once they had me under, the OS was examining my knees closer and decided to go that route. Been home 30 minutes, right now I feel okay ... will see once local wears off.
  10. Jsankowski

    TKR Two TKR in two weeks---let the fun begin!

    No reason, and yes Craig is having his surgeries Nov 1 and 4th. After his surgeries he is going to an acute rehab facility and then his parents for a bit.
  11. Jsankowski

    TKR Two TKR in two weeks---let the fun begin!

    Well left knee is not doing well on Wednesday the OS is going to scope it. My flexion is 80 and my extension is -10 my knee is so stiff and because of it I limp really bad. My right knee is 110 /0 ... bummed
  12. Jsankowski

    TKR Two TKR in two weeks---let the fun begin!

    Today I had a woman at PT who is looking at two TKR tell me I inspire her! It is amazing all in the eye of the beholder, I don't see it. :hissy:
  13. Jsankowski

    PKR Oops, I did it again...Round 2 complete!

    I have the gravity fed Cyro cuff and I love it! When I first came home I used Ice in ziploc bags because I needed a colder temp.
  14. Jsankowski

    PKR Oops, I did it again...Round 2 complete!

    Hey mama! Still Netflixing it and not feeling so weepy since med change! Thanks for the suggestion!
Back
Top Bottom