Recent content by jiimbojunk

  1. jiimbojunk

    TKR Two Steps Forward, One Step Back

    Hi nancy! I'm not using anything to assist walking. I never went to a cane, just walked very slow. Went to dr today for my post op on the LTKR and he said I was doing great and have no restrictions. I swam today which was awesome! PT can be a little trying but not painful...well except the PT...
  2. jiimbojunk

    Bilateral TKR BTKR ~~ May 13, 2013 ~~ Post-Op

    Great to hear all is well, Izzie! My left is sure more stiff than the right was but doc says all is well at my visit today and gave me the no restrictions ok! So, first thing I did was go home, go for a walk and then jumped in the pool and I can't tell you how great that felt! I now why...
  3. jiimbojunk

    TKR Two Steps Forward, One Step Back

    This is not always true. Depending on the individual, it could end up difficult to let go of them. nlthomp, sounds like you are doing better! I'm 3wks out on my LTKR and my extension is giving me grief! My RTKR extension seemed to go smoother. I know that I shouldn't compare but can't...
  4. jiimbojunk

    TKR Two Steps Forward, One Step Back

    I would venture to say that the stats are skewed due to the differences in our insurance programs. UK has NHS which might question a procedures necessity. US, unfortunately, does not have NHS...yet...so many doctors will be quick to push a procedure for the insurance money. It's not right, but...
  5. jiimbojunk

    TKR Weird Stuff In My Recovery

    I had my knees done 3 weeks apart. You will be fine. Sounds like you are coming along nicely.
  6. jiimbojunk

    Bilateral TKR Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012

    Janet, I enjoyed reading your posts as my hometown is SE Michigan! Makes me miss home! I transferred to Las Vegas for work about 5years ago. It's inspiring to me that you have done so much and I look forward to getting out and exploring the beauty of the desert. Up to this point, most of my...
  7. jiimbojunk

    TKR TKR recoveries

    bottomshollow, that's awesome! Thank you so much, it's perfect! Thanks for the great instructions, I couldn't have done it without them! new knee in June, we love Duck Dynasty! My wife loves Phil and his "happy happy happy"! I think they are hilarious! I don't think we could handle the...
  8. jiimbojunk

    TKR TKR recoveries

    Thanks! I like any Detroit sports...red wings hockey, tigers baseball or the lions football! Maybe the red wing one would be good as they are in playoffs right now!
  9. jiimbojunk

    TKR TKR recoveries

    Hi, Ready, I think getting both done at once might have been better for me, mentally. Physically, I don't know. I did ask for that but the OS wasn't real keen on it. I'm not a snow sport person, just a computer illiterate person! This is just a random pic that was already on here...
  10. jiimbojunk

    TKR New here

    Hi! I think you are doing great! Back to work! I also don't have any patience so I understand. It is frustrating! Restless legs is a side effect from pain med withdrawal. It will pass but it can drive you batty! It is suggested that you do as many hot baths or showers as you can. I am...
  11. jiimbojunk

    TKR Did anyone do PT without pain meds?

    Thanks for all the encouraging responses. Staples are out! Baby steps! I will look up @Josephine's cocktail recipe!
  12. jiimbojunk

    TKR Did anyone do PT without pain meds?

    Thank you...I'm am encouraged by all the brave people here! I know I can do this, I just read a lot of posts where people say not to go without the meds at PT. I think you are right and I will tell my PT this. Trust me, I am not afraid to tell them no.
  13. jiimbojunk

    TKR Did anyone do PT without pain meds?

    It won't be the first time for me, unfortunately. Hopefully it will be the last time.
  14. jiimbojunk

    TKR It will fit!!!!

    Congrats on your new knee and being home recovering! Sounds like you are doing great!
  15. jiimbojunk

    TKR Did anyone do PT without pain meds?

    Thanks for the responses. I have been in a pill haze for 5 years over these knees. I am ready to get out from under that, I just wasn't sure if I'm jumping the gun. I know I will withdraw as I'm already feeling it so part of me just wants to get it over with. I get my staples out tomorrow, I...
Back
Top Bottom