Guest viewing is limited

TKR TKR recoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.
jiimbojunk, Here's your new avatar. It is already sized to fit perfectly as I have tested it. Just right click on the attached picture and "save image as" in your picture files. Then hover your mouse of your user name at the top of the page and from the drop down menu select "Avatar". The click the browse button and find the picture in your files and double click it. Then click "Okay"and you are done.

[Bonesmart.org] TKR recoveries
Hope you like it.
 
Hi Jimbo,
You are doing great! I know what you mean about anxiety ( it sucks) I have G.A.D &
worry about EVERYTHING... :beg:it is very time consuming & wears on ones body, mind & soul.
I have Ativan for anxiety, but hardly use it.
Don't you just love Duck Dynasty? It is my favorite show :rotfl: I love Si & Jace- my husband wants to
re-tire & go down there to work with them :loll:He would fit right in (long hair & beard).
I tell him he can go by himself, I hate the heat & big bugs.
Keep doing what you are doing :ok:
Take Care,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Good to hear from you Jimbo. I am glad you are managing your pain well. You're pretty brave to be taking a flight already. Taking your walker is a great idea. Maybe even a wheelchair? Whatever it takes to get you a good seat. I remember my first long flight and how HUGE my ankles and lower legs swelled. On my return flight, I got to pick my seat, so I chose first row so I could extend my legs and even prop them on the wall in front. Helped a ton.

I found therapy to be something I looked forward to. I had surgery on a Monday, released on Wednesday, and my first therapy was on Thursday. It was a good excuse to get out twice a week, and I enjoyed my PT. There were many exercises that probably wouldn't have passed the BoneSmart protocol, but I enjoyed the challenge of doing some strength exercises, not just stretching. I never swelled abnormally and didn't find it any more exhausting or painful than a day at work before surgery. He released me at about 8 weeks--I think he ran out of stuff to do with me, and I could do everything at home. They sure do charge a lot for a session! I looked at the insurance bill and dropped my jaw.

BTW, I lost a bunch of weight as well. I spoke with one of the nurses yesterday and she remarked how small I looked. She was surprised that no one mentioned that would happen. I am wondering what will happen with my second surgery.

Hope you have a good weekend and take some opportunities to get out of the house a little more.
 
bottomshollow, that's awesome! Thank you so much, it's perfect! Thanks for the great instructions, I couldn't have done it without them!

new knee in June, we love Duck Dynasty! My wife loves Phil and his "happy happy happy"! I think they are hilarious! I don't think we could handle the humidity there and my wife would freak about the bugs!

Ready, I am a little nervous about the flight but I will just keep my eyes on the prize and that is family. We really don't have any friends here in Vegas and both of our families are in Michigan. Four kids and 3 beautiful little granddaughters! I figured its where we might as well be there while I have the time off work. My wife has been applying for work here but nothing has come through yet, so it's just seems like its where we should be. I think being there will help my mind. I also think PT is expensive, I think I have to pay 10 bucks a visit, so I will go and learn the exercises and then take that knowledge to a gym where it will be cheaper. With being off work, I have to watch the budget!
 
jimbo Sounds like you are progressing very well through this recovery. Having a trip to look forward to will help make time pass a little faster. Be sure to call ahead at the airport and they will be more than willing to help you in any way they can. Boarding first and not having to wait in long lines. I would go ahead and ask for a front aisle seat, all they can do is say no! Visiting with those kids and grandkids will help you get back to the reality of a normal life--something we all miss as we go through this recovery!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom