Recent content by jfm1968

  1. jfm1968

    THR BeBe finally!!!

    hi all! @BeBe im scheduled for my left hip also on 8/17 ! i have not checked in lately and have not had time to read many updates, but my legs are also uneven too, i put dr scholls shoe liner things in all my left shoes, i still wake up in the most pain of all....lower back pain and worst of...
  2. jfm1968

    THR 3 full days down since Anterior THR on 3/1/18

    hi all and @BeBe @Mojo333 ! you guys are so sweet. This thursday will be 7 weeks, and my next (and i guess last?) appt post surgery, and i GUESSSSSS i will schedule the next one, likely for mid august. I am doing very well I think. At 5 1/2 weeks I began walking very gingerly (more of a slight...
  3. jfm1968

    THR BeBe finally!!!

    @BeBe @anny so glad you are both on the recovery side! for log leg i put a strong 3' dog leash end on & over my foot & would lift w the short lead part. Hoping the pain subsides day by day for each of you, day 4 was mt 'turnaround' day for me when i realized I was maybe going to live LOL Yall...
  4. jfm1968

    THR BeBe finally!!!

    hey hey @BeBe ! I kept looking for your check-in - I have just found it! Im so glad to hear you are two days in, home, and up getting crackers on your own!! Thats awesome! How are the dogs acting? Mine were very standoffish seeing the walker come at them! It sounds like you are doing really...
  5. jfm1968

    THR Tom’s surprise<

    ok, wow lucky man... The rods & broken rod, then sudden hip surgery is just crazy. I'm so sorry. I can tell you with my own experience, I too went into this with no time, and key word, no desire...to know EXACTLY what the logistics were. I have already had two back procedures (diskectomy &...
  6. jfm1968

    THR 3 full days down since Anterior THR on 3/1/18

    @Mojo333 you know i asked for both to be done at once, but Dr Kreuzer turned me down. I dont know how you did that with no stabilizing leg! you are the "hip hip" hooray hero here! @Layla thank you on daughter, although she looks nothing like me! lAnd yes on the hospital! Just crazy! I...
  7. jfm1968

    THR 3 full days down since Anterior THR on 3/1/18

    Thanks @Hipgirl18 - did you get the Mini Hip? How long do they want you on the cane? Glad it sounds like youre doing well I am at day 22, so i'm just ahead of you!
  8. jfm1968

    THR 3 full days down since Anterior THR on 3/1/18

    @BeBe Good luck tomorrow! Try not to be nervous, although I know it's easier said than done. I remember waiting for them to call my name to go get prepared in pre-op and decided to use the restroom first. The restroom was a ways away, and I clearly remember walking and in my head saying "ouch...
  9. jfm1968

    THR 3 full days down since Anterior THR on 3/1/18

    @BeBe ! Yes that's my daughter...she's a sweetheart, the dog is a friend of mine's dog that I pet sit for, and each time I return him I put lipstick kisses on him. lol! Ok....so where are you that its snowing!?! I could never make it in a snowy state. I commend you! Next, with anterior...
  10. jfm1968

    THR 3 full days down since Anterior THR on 3/1/18

    @Jackie222 hi jackie, i saw you had 2 knee procedures done and a hip. Ive never had my knees xrayed, because my hips began hurting - but ROM in hip area was years. Anyway, most of my pain BEFORE the hips feeling much pain/ or restricted motion - was front quad pain...but also outer IT...
  11. jfm1968

    THR 3 full days down since Anterior THR on 3/1/18

    thanks @Jaycey I didnt see anythin specifically for one crutch...but i've got it sortof down, i only use it for very short spurts when i need to carry something in my other hand.
  12. jfm1968

    THR 3 full days down since Anterior THR on 3/1/18

    @BeBe Ok.... your post regarding your OS pain treatment worries me a little! One of the most interesting things I have found on here so far is the wide variety of post-op treatment, meds, PT, etc.... ! I'm glad my post surgery notes helped. If you are hour & half from hospital, yes I'd have...
  13. jfm1968

    THR 3 full days down since Anterior THR on 3/1/18

    Thanks Mojo! Im tryin to behave (hanging my head). I just keep reading cane... i have not tried the cane. I tried 1 crutch but it felt really strange- not even sure i had it on the correct side
  14. jfm1968

    THR Weight gain?

    Hi naka! Glad to hear you are on the upswing! Im on crutches (presferred by dr) fir another 3 weeks, im tired of having no free hands :/
Back
Top Bottom