Recent content by jerseychick

  1. jerseychick

    Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

    Bonnie, so sorry that you are having problems with your revision. I hope 2015 is a better year for you.
  2. jerseychick

    Class of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Knee Members

    @RunA42K Bonnie, I worked on ROM and then got to about 100-105 and stayed there. It doesn't bother me at all. I can spin, rock climb, and paddle board with no problem. I had about 30 degrees for so many years that anything over 100 degrees is fine with me. I can also sit comfortably in the back...
  3. jerseychick

    Class of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Knee Members

    LTKR on June, 2010. My knee is super even though I have limited ROM. My ROM is much better than pre-surgery so I am definitely not complaining. My knee feels just like my other knee and is very strong and stable. It's the best thing that I ever did and I should have had it replaced much sooner. :)
  4. jerseychick

    THR 3 year anniversary today!

    I'm pre-op for shoulder surgery on Friday and will be making a big pot of stewed prunes to snack on after surgery. Yes, I love prunes!!:) I also found that fig newtons and graham crackers work well. I also take Metamucil capsules every day. You can never be too prepared.
  5. jerseychick

    Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

    Wow, Bonnie, you are doing just great!! :yay:
  6. jerseychick

    Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

    Good luck Bonnie!! I'll be rooting for you!!:)
  7. jerseychick

    Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

    Bonnie, so sorry that you are going through this. Hopefully you will get some answers soon.
  8. jerseychick

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    Everyone's scars look great. Here are my two scars. The curved one on the side of my knee (left)is from 40 years ago when I was 17. The one down the center (right) is from my replacement surgery 3 years ago. Note the improvement!
  9. jerseychick

    Shoulder Surgery--Need Some Advice

    I tried Biofreeze, not sure it did anything though. I purchased the roll-on since it was very easy to use. Ice and heat helped me the most. :)
  10. jerseychick

    Shoulder Surgery--Need Some Advice

    Hi mariment, I just saw your post. I agree with the others, your doctor is being very optimistic saying you will be off pain meds so soon. I had PT for 4.5 months and stayed on pain meds till I was finished with PT. You will find that you need to meds when they stretch you. As far as the bra...
  11. jerseychick

    TKR Recovering Great and Then A Loud POP

    Oh no, that sounds awful. Let's tag Josephine to see what she says Josephine and Orthodoc
  12. jerseychick

    TKR Poor appetite after TKR

    I agree with Tim and about the pain meds and loss of appetite. I was on the Percocet diet for a while and lost weight. :snork:
  13. jerseychick

    TKR Mechanical feeling?

    In June my Zimmer Knee will be three years old, and it feels just like my other knee. :) It never felt mechanical or abnormal, and now it sure feels much better than my original arthritic knee. You know it just doesn't happen overnight, the recovery is long and drawn out and yes I am going to...
  14. jerseychick

    TKR Time to Veg Out!

    Best of luck!!
  15. jerseychick

    TKR My thoughts and progress on my TKR

    Sounds like you are doing great, thanks for sharing. :thumb:
Back
Top Bottom