Recent content by jeauix

  1. J

    2023 August Hotshots - Are you having Knee Surgery in August?

    LTKR on Aug. 22nd. Had the Right Knee replaced in 2011. Nervous but hopeful that this will be what I need to enjoy retirement in June 2024!
  2. J

    TKR New Left Knee . . . Check!!

    Great News! One thing I learned here is that you need to take the pain pills on schedule. Don't wait for the pain to build. Good for you for being up already but don't let P.T. bully you! Too many of us have had this experience and it isn't pleasant. Let your body guide you. Keep posting...
  3. J

    TKR Scared but I made it!!!

    Congrats! It is great to hear you are doing so well and that you are free to live! Keep up the great work...and I do hope sleep comes soon.
  4. J

    5½ weeks post LTKR - questions

    I am 9 weeks post op and I found things begin to change for the better between week 6-8. I still have a tight band above my knee which I am massaging regularly.My massage therapist also works on the tight areas and that has helped a lot. I still have swelling depending on how much I do and I...
  5. J

    TKR Scared but I made it!!!

    I am 1 week ahead of you, I think! I still have to take Vicodin before bed and most nights are non-eventful. I still have nights where my leg aches even with meds before bed, especially when I have been more active. I am thinking it has something to do with not moving them around as much...
  6. J

    It's Done - 4 days post op

    Just returned from seeing surgeon for my 8 week check after RTKR. My ROM fluctuates between 120-130 flexion depending on what I do on that particular day. I think he was a bit surprised at the gains I have made in 3 weeks. He "cut me loose" without any restrictions in work, activity and...
  7. J

    It's Done - 4 days post op

    Great news, KneedKnees! I'll be curious if it helps you like it has me! Let me know how it goes. I see my surgeon today for 2 mo. check up. I am hoping for a good report and the end to the 3 days a week work schedule. It is so hard to 1) do extensive plans for a substitute, and 2) return...
  8. J

    Bilateral TKR I Made It! (KneedKnees)

    Re: I Made It! So happy for you, KneedKnees! The 6th week was a turning point for me, too! Glad you are going off the Coumadin and that you had such a great check-up! Praying for you father and that you have continued progress. Hope Meet the Teacher night went well, too! Now schedule that...
  9. J

    TKR Scared but I made it!!!

    Congrats on driving! Independence is such a good feeling. Week 4 was frustrating for me but 3 weeks later I can say it does improve. Hang in there. I still have odd pains now and then and some days I have more swelling then other days. Hang in there! You'll start seeing things change very...
  10. J

    Bilateral TKR I Made It! (KneedKnees)

    Re: I Made It! Glad things are looking up for you. Each week things seem to progress a little. If P.T. is causing you to keep from healing, do take a break. I told my P.T. that I was taking a break to give my body time to heal and it has made the difference. Don't overdo it, especially...
  11. J

    It's Done - 4 days post op

    KneedKnees, I hope work return is going okay and that you can soon return to massage. I think all teaches deserve at least one massage a week:biggrin: free of charge. Hope all goes well with getting off the Coumadin. I was so happy when I had my last blood draw. I celebrated with frozen yogurt!
  12. J

    Recovery beginning, but have a few questions.

    Sounds like you are making daily progress. I also had terrible sleep issues the first 3-4 weeks. Like Referee, I asked for Ambien and got 10 tablets. After those 10 nights, the sleep pattern reset to only awakening one time due to pain. Now at 7 weeks, sleeping through the night (most of the...
  13. J

    It's Done - 4 days post op

    7 weeks post op as of today :dancy:and I am continuing to make good progress. I started driving this weekend and drove myself to school on Monday. This is my 2 1/2 week mark of returning to the classroom but on an every other day schedule. So far it is has worked great as long as I ice and...
  14. J

    How long before you could take a bath?

    I let the water out first so I would get my knee wet. Then I scoot to the back of the rub, then lift myself out by holding on to the rim. Like Jeannette, my husband helped me the first few times. It has gotten easier and easier as I got my strength back.
  15. J

    a few questions about TKR

    Re: a few questions Welcome, Judy! Swelling and the feeling of instability is what I experienced at the beginning. Trust what the people on Bone Smart say...elevate, ice, rest and elevate, ice and rest some more. Don't push it at the beginning. I did use CPM for 2 weeks but only a couple of...
Back
Top Bottom