Recent content by jakemedic

  1. jakemedic

    TKR Jake’s Got a New Knee

    My bride is doing well. My ladies are doing good too. They are not laying a bunch of eggs, but enjoyed when I pulled up my lawn chair inside their run for some scratches and treats yesterday! Still working on getting this little girls trust. She is a sweet girl that I’m attempting to spoil...
  2. jakemedic

    TKR Jake’s Got a New Knee

    Hello and Merry Christmas! I am doing well. The “new knee” is rocking right along. I am very happy that I did surgery almost 11 months ago. I met with a “new” orthopedic surgeon just after my last post. While he was a nice enough, I prefer the surgeon who did my first knee. It is believed he...
  3. jakemedic

    TKR Jake’s Got a New Knee

    I trust the Ortho Department at the University of Iowa. I got 2 hips from them in 2008. They literally saved my life. Pain from AVN was horrific. I just may give them a call ahead of my PA appointment to see how far out they are booked. Actually, that is a great idea. Thanks for the help...
  4. jakemedic

    TKR Jake’s Got a New Knee

    Hello my friends!:wave: It's been since the end of June since I posted on here. Time flies I guess! Lots of things happened since June, and it's time to update. The summer was good. Hot, dry and reasonably uneventful medical wise. I recovered from COVID well and was reasonably healthy...
  5. jakemedic

    TKR Jtmav‘s Journey To Two New Knees

    Hello my friend! I haven't been here for a while. Thought I would check in and see how you are doing. I am going to jump to my thread and update. Lots of things have changed in my world. God Bless! Jake
  6. jakemedic

    TKR Jtmav‘s Journey To Two New Knees

    Howdy my friend! Use those new knees like you stole them! I am very proud of you and your recovery! You are an inspiration for anyone looking to improve their lives! By all means enjoy your bike and be safe out there! Jake
  7. jakemedic

    TKR Sudden pain and swelling

    Hoping for the best! Prayers!:prayer:
  8. jakemedic

    TKR Jake’s Got a New Knee

    Greetings from the cornfields of Iowa! Summer is in full swing here. Hot, humid and full of gnats! What I find ironic is while my fellow Iowans in NW Iowa are being flooded with terrible loss of property and lives, we in SE Iowa are so incredibly dry. The weatherman teases “rain chances” but...
  9. jakemedic

    TKR Jtmav‘s Journey To Two New Knees

    Hey @Jtmav! I read the 1st, 8th, 17th and 28th words in this post and it screams “you haven’t updated in a while” :rotfl: :heehee: I will go do that today. Who would have ever thought, something like joint replacements could bring us all together in a world where we need all the friends and...
  10. jakemedic

    TKR Jtmav‘s Journey To Two New Knees

    Hello my friend! So glad you stopped by to give us an update! Walking a couple of miles a day? Excellent therapy sir! I am very proud of your progress as you should be. As @sistersinhim said, and I’ll concur, use those knees! Keep your eye on the prize sir, you got this! Never been to Cape...
  11. jakemedic

    TKR Jake’s Got a New Knee

    First of all, the ladies are doing just fine! Appreciate you asking. They bring so much joy, the eggs are just the frosting! We have gotten 959 eggs so far this year! Yes, it’s not if I get my second knee done, rather when. I thought about the end of July, but I want to be able to deer hunt...
  12. jakemedic

    TKR Post op 1.5 weeks

    Hello! Retired paramedic here. Classic type A personality too! I was surprisingly patient with my TKR The end of January. My problem now is I use it like I stole it! Wears me the heck out! Minimal pain, but still my stamina is severely lacking. I bring a lawn chair when I work on a project or...
  13. jakemedic

    TKR Still on crutches 9 weeks after TKR

    The only thing we all have in common is a joint replacement. Each of our recovery times are different and vary between one person and the next. I compared my recovery to a friends recovery and my bride read me the riot act! Everyone’s mileage may vary. The only person you need to satisfy is...
  14. jakemedic

    TKR Painful knee

    I’m so terribly sorry for your family problems. I asked a friend once why bad things happen to good people. I seen so much of it during my career as a paramedic and deputy sheriff. Her response was “God giving us obstacles to make us stronger”. I don’t know if I buy that or not, but it appears...
  15. jakemedic

    TKR Jake’s Got a New Knee

    You as well @Layla. For me, it’s a good weekend to stay home. Wishes I could go put flowers on my parents grave, but it is 4.5 hrs one way. Going to do some things that bring joy. Spending time with my bride, my ladies (chickens) and my dogs. God Bless and thanks for what you do for the...
Back
Top Bottom