Recent content by J-nice

  1. J-nice

    THR Journaling healing of my new hip!

    @Jaycey Yes, I do have left over Tramadol from the hip..been using that. You are so right about sitting..makes it worse. I just have to be patient and hopefully the pain will subside. It was starting to before injection but then had a rather intense massage which brought some of the pain back so...
  2. J-nice

    THR Journaling healing of my new hip!

    Thanks @Jaycey . I got the injection Wednesday and the pain is worse today
  3. J-nice

    THR Journaling healing of my new hip!

    Well..the epidural spiked up the bilateral pain! I’ve researched that this can happen and than gradually get better. Man, I hope so. This hasn’t effected my hip..still feels ok minus a few incision stinging. Anyone had that experience with epidural ?
  4. J-nice

    THR Journaling healing of my new hip!

    @CricketHip Hi! Good to ‘see’ you, too! I haven’t been massaging anything around the incision, do you? What do you use if you do? I see my OS on Tuesday for 6 week check up..time zips by! This hip is taking longer to heal than last one but I think because of the back issue. Do you remember how...
  5. J-nice

    THR Superpath recovery what to expect

    I wouldn’t be concerned. Your gonna have lots of weird sensations the first few weeks! Just make sure you are walking correctly with the walker.
  6. J-nice

    THR Elf1 Recovery Road

    Happy one month!! Wonderful you found a good PT. I tried a few times and I always end up in more pain.. so just walking for me!
  7. J-nice

    THR Here We Go Again!

    Wow! You are doing great! I’m so jealous you have family around you! My daughter lives in Scotland. Long way from Miami! She did come to help out for about a month after surgery. I do miss her! My surgeon didn’t have me wear those awful compression stockings.. thank god. Not sure why some...
  8. J-nice

    THR Journaling healing of my new hip!

    Quick question..my incision the last few days has been stinging a lot. Not sure why..haven’t been doing anything different. Little over 5 weeks now. I just keep icing. Anyone have the stinging?
  9. J-nice

    THR Journaling healing of my new hip!

    Waste of time. I have to be so careful having two issues at the same time. For me walking is the best therapy!
  10. J-nice

    THR Journaling healing of my new hip!

    Yesterday I had the lumbar injection. Hoping it will calm down the radicular pain from L5-S-1 disc tear. On the other hand my hip is doing fine. Tried doing PT at a place that was highly recommended but seriously I thought it was a
  11. J-nice

    THR Hip replacement recovery

    I had my right hip July 1st..so I’m right there with you. I overdid it a few times so I’ve come to the conclusion with this recovery two steps forward..one step back. I had my left hip done four years ago and it really does take awhile to completely heal but when it does it’s glorious! Patience...
  12. J-nice

    THR Yippie Yippie.. Double Hippie!! (CricketHip)

    Oh, no!! So sorry the thieves picked you as their target! Stressful situations does a number to the healing hip! Glad your hubbie whisked you away to help relieve the stress.
  13. J-nice

    THR Journaling healing of my new hip!

    Started to drive..it’s ok. Went out to dinner with friends last night..ended up sitting for two hours. Stupid move! My quad and around incision is so sore and stiff. Forward two steps back one step. Had an amazing massage today. He works with People that have joint replacements. Heaven...
  14. J-nice

    THR Juanita's Hip Recovery

    Wow..so sorry you are going through all this. Keeping you in my thoughts that your hip is fine!
  15. J-nice

    THR Journaling healing of my new hip!

    @CricketHip i do have to remember to keep things in perspective. My sister in law five years ago fell down her basement stairs and is paralyzed from T3 down. Her first year was very tough but she has been such an inspiration to me. She is mentally so strong. I’m waiting to hear from my ortho for...
Back
Top Bottom