Good morning, all. Moving a wee bit slow this morning, and some stabbing pains in the top of my thigh as I'm sitting here responding to various forum posts and sending out a few morning emails. I need to get up shortly and start moving around as I've discovered sitting for too long invariably produces a general stiffening all over and I look like a crabbed, hunched over old lady when I first stand and take that first step or two. But, I have discovered that standing up slowly, straightening up my body (tummy in, shoulders back, chin up) and then walking with an (faux) air of confidence, no matter how I'm feeling, generally results in a smooth gait within a half dozen steps.
Wednesday was a busy day, starting out with driving to the park--woo, hoo, on my own, and walking three laps. Then it was off to Home Depot for some spray paint, and then Costco where EVERY disabled person in the area was already there and parked in the handicapped parking spots so I had to park way out in the hinterlands of the parking lot. Wasn't too bad walking from my car to the store, but when I got out and was pushing a heavily laden shopping cart to the car--ouf, that was a bit tough. But I survived. And my darling baby brother came over and made dinner that night--macaroni and cheese, a green bean Caesar salad, with adorable little pots du crème, thick, silky and chocolatey, to die for good! I do love my brother, especially when he's feeding me.
Of course, by the time I went to bed on Wednesday night I was aching all over and took a Tramadol, first time in the last week. But I needed to be drugged to get to sleep and did sleep pretty well. Yesterday we had friends over for a barbecue dinner, dining outside fortunately, so easy buffet serving and sitting at our outdoor table. Folks were good about leaving by 8:30 and after cleaning up the kitchen and retiring to bed, I again fell asleep quickly, once again forgetting to take any medication. I slept okay with only one pee break around 2:30 but got back to sleep pretty well.
Today is a "lounge about and do nothing day" but tonight we've got family game night at my daughter's house. I will be firmly eyeballing my dear husband when we arrive, and reminding him that we are getting out of there around 9 or 9:30 at the latest. It will be great to see our kids, and the grandkids, but my stamina in the evening isn't very good and spending time with my fiercely competitive children, while fun, can be exhausting.
Completion of week 4 lies ahead and big excitement for the end of that is the permanent removal of these hideous compression stockings. It wasn't so bad yesterday and today, and presumably tomorrow when--hallelujah--rain is predicted, but on a hot, muggy day they are truly awful and my legs itch like mad. I wish I were more of a rebel and could feel good about rippin' these suckers off but I am usually a rule follower and so they will stay until next Wednesday morning when I will peel them off with a glorious sigh of relief.