Recent content by Issa65

  1. Issa65

    Hip Infection INFECTION-A long and lonely journey<

    @keepmovin how are you?? I am still limping and one crutch outside the house...I am so tired of not getting better its 4 months now....how are u??
  2. Issa65

    Hip Infection INFECTION-A long and lonely journey<

    hi my friend....I am as well as I can be,,,,went on my 3 month checkup...he was impressed by my standing on one leg thing and says I will be normal soon..but as you I have one crutch,,,I want so desperately to kick it but my body is not ready...my blood samples were all normal and hight of my...
  3. Issa65

    Hip Infection Spacer

    hi I had a spacer 4 months....it was painfull almost all the time but it gor bearable.....but my body is still feeling the aftermath of it....
  4. Issa65

    Hip Infection INFECTION-A long and lonely journey<

    hi.....when I read your post it sounds like me as well-..its 10 weeks now still on one crutch but working....my body is a mess...pain in both knees and not much progress after my own expectations...but they did worn me about this....this is going to take time....I stopped with the morfin only...
  5. Issa65

    Hip Infection INFECTION-A long and lonely journey<

    Hi Debbie. @keepmoving ...I am 8 weeks out of surgery tomorrow ...its going well but its not like the first OP..this will take time..the pronlem I have is with my right knee...when I walk it sometimes feels liek a sharp pain and it locks for a second or two....very scary....I think its because I...
  6. Issa65

    Hip Infection INFECTION-A long and lonely journey<

    I actually called my doctor so we have set up a blood sample and a look at the scar just to make sure so I can stop worrying....this never happened in my 3 last OP....maybe the skin has had enough....its not a lot of weeping but they want to make sure...a bit nervous the brain wants me to think...
  7. Issa65

    THR Incision Still Weeping?

    hi...I had an revision surgery on march 7th..my scar is still leaking frpn 2 small areas..I change bandage once a week...but in my case they say the skin did not close side by side I have like a wedge in these 2 areas so it leaks...it 5 weeks now but no sign of redness or infection just light...
  8. Issa65

    Hip Infection INFECTION-A long and lonely journey<

    @Arlene56 what is a foam roller??
  9. Issa65

    Hip Infection INFECTION-A long and lonely journey<

    hallo my friend....I know what you mean,...my scar actually healed well but in 2 spots its a bit of fluid which still comes out..and I am at the nurses once a week to change bandagde...I get these thaughts as well about the infection but I try to stop my brain telling me bad stuff...my setback...
  10. Issa65

    Hip Infection Going on to surgery # 8 & 9 for same hip

    thanx so much I am getting stronger each day...the onlt set back is my scar healed but at 2 places is still a bit wet and some fluids are coming out but they say its because the skin did not meet and there is a higher spot of skin which has not been dry yet,,,I pray you get well soon I know how...
  11. Issa65

    Hip Infection Going on to surgery # 8 & 9 for same hip

    hi----I cannot feel anything but sadness when I read your thread...I had a spacer in 14 weeks after an infection for about 1 year....all I can say is that it was not fun....I had pain and discomfort but after all this I am well and getting better every day...you can read my threads and if there...
  12. Issa65

    Hip Infection INFECTION-A long and lonely journey<

    I went for a walk about 2 kilometers I was really tired and my other knee almost gave in....so I have to take shorter walks...yes all meds are free here and the OP are all free it all comes from our taxes....
  13. Issa65

    Hip Infection INFECTION-A long and lonely journey<

    hi Debbie....I am so happy you are ok...and at home.....I am doing good...but yes its a bit different from my normal THR before..a bit slower progress...I get tired walking faster..but the doctor told me this time it would take a bit longer to get back to normal...In Sweden we have an insurance...
  14. Issa65

    Hip Infection Spacer information needed please

    thank you @oldgoat yes there is hope...I am very happy with my outcome....
  15. Issa65

    Hip Infection Spacer information needed please

    Hi Debbie---I am soooo happy for you....finally its over...I have no restrictions at all---they even say this hipsocket will grow together with my bone and that the implant is life long....I can go around my house with 1 crutch but outside with 2....abour 6 weeks with both they say but its not...
Back
Top Bottom