THR Incision Still Weeping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a redhead and was awake for all my RTKR back in 2005.
:shocked:
Part of me thinks it would be interesting and the other part knows that seeing what was going on would make me "feel" the pain.
 
I'd been thinking saran wrap was some sort of surgical dressing, not just cling film! :heehee:

Haha I didn't even think twice when j read this as I lived in Canada for 12 months when I was 16. Still remember a lot of the differences- brand names really- like Tylenol.

We call 'Saran Wrap' 'Glad Wrap' in Aus as its a brand name.

Gotta love the international flavour on BS!!

I am glad your incision is going so well now @Mrs.Missed and you can shower freely!


Candice, 28 yo. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Australia. Sequential unilateral THR June 1st 2016 and July 13th 2016 :)
 
@NellBell I am a strawberry blonde so I guess that explains things. I guess it was just very unexpected. I had no idea that it was a possibility. lol I do not want to be awake next time.
 
Hi everyone. So I have been to my second physio. Things are mostly going well. I am on week 4 now but still struggling with sleep. I spoke with my Physiotherapist about being unable to sleep on either side and we worked on some solutions such as using a body pillow and doing some scar massage. She says I have quote a bit of thickening around the scar and massage and light heat before bed to loosen the underlying tissues will help that pain. I gotta say that it sure smarts to touch anywhere around there. Has anyone else done scar massage?
 
@Mrs.Missed
My PT also told me to massage my incision. I have one spot where it hurts to touch and also to put ice in it. The incision looks good, but still some swelling, a bruise where the sensitive spot is and no seeping.
Ill be curious to read if others have had the same problem.
 
@Arlene56 , just a thought but maybe try a warm compress instead? I was told by my PT that in the case of losening up scar tissue, that heat was a better option than cold.
 
hi...I had an revision surgery on march 7th..my scar is still leaking frpn 2 small areas..I change bandage once a week...but in my case they say the skin did not close side by side I have like a wedge in these 2 areas so it leaks...it 5 weeks now but no sign of redness or infection just light yellowish fluid----they say its normal sometimes...mine itchess alot as well....but after 3 operations in 1 year at the same scat maybe its not unusual it still leaks
 
@Issa65 Oh wow, You've been through a lot. Thankfully mine is no longer leaking and the itchiness has calmed down. I'm on to scar massage by recommendation from my physio to help reduce the tightness in my scar tissue.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom