Hip Infection Spacer information needed please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jomarie58 Thanx you for your support.. What does AVN mean?
 
Hi @Issa65, I can feel the 'lift' in your voice! You are happy!:happydance:

I like the idea of the use of antibiotics during surgery and short period of time after surgery as well. I'll put that on my list of things to ask my surgeon.

Do you know what kind of device you have now? It sounds like you have a larger ball and socket. I just like to compare. :)

Keep posting on your progress! So good to hear how well you are doing. You sound like you have a very capable surgeon as well!
 
hi Debbie----I was at my daughters wedding on saturday...it went really well I was out of the house from 9am untill 1 am at night...I am getting better each passing day...I have an appointment with my doctor on thursday...they took a culture in my hip at the time of OP so it was just a precausion...anyway I had a bit more pain yesterday because of my active day...today its better...I am planning to start walking outside now after they takeout my metal stiches on wed....I take some pain killers but not many and I have a metal ball and socket (I think) I will ask him on thursday...he said its bigger so it woulf not jump out of my socket easily...How are you? when is your OP?? I feel will you and the waiting its a tought time....I was so happy when I was at the wedding I could actually walk with my crutches and it was a beautiful wedding,,,I hope you will soon be able to enjoy your life again...I have no bad pains at all it feels like a normal THR not a revision....they were a bit surprised at the hospital that I was so painless....love to you and be well
 
my new hip is a very expensive model costs about 5000 dollars and is for life..grows with my own bones...it half metal and plastic and duel rotation...so it cannot fall out of socket...unfortunately they only use them in revisions...too expensive otherwise they say....so sad not everyone can have one of these...
 
@Issa65
What a journey you've been through! When I had my hip replaced my WBC went up to
22,000 (they still have no idea why) and I asked my doctor if it could be an infection in my new hip. He said, "You don't even want go there", so I know you and @keepmovin have been through so very much! Debbie just had her THR a few days ago, so you both are on your way to living a "normal" life again. I'm so happy you were able to attend your daughter's wedding! I will keep both of you in prayer.
 
@Issa65 I have to keep this short. Still in hospital but wifi is weak. Will post when I get home. But, so happy for you, especially being able to attend your daughter's wedding! !

I'll be back here soon!
Debbie
 
Thanx cynthia its been a nighmare... I am praying Debbie will be as good as I am.. I had a great doctor the best in this part of Sweden... Its such a blessing to talk to you guys here Love and hugs
 
Hello @Issa65 - I am home now and can once again post freely. The hospital had terrible wifi connection and it drove me crazy because I could not talk with anyone. I came home a day early. I was so happy for you to be able to attend your daughter's wedding! You must have been beaming from ear to ear, and I bet you had a lot of 'happy tears' as well!

I have no pain 4 days out of surgery. I am very swollen but no pain. The nerve issue I had is gone! The only difference I see between the two of us is I have a 30% restriction for 4 weeks. This will set me back a bit since I cannot put weight on my leg. I'm not happy about this but my surgeon wants to make sure nothing more goes wrong with me. I think he wants a slow recovery for me and this is his way of enforcing it.

Are you pain free? How long will you be on crutches? Will you have any restrictions going forward? You still take antibiotics or are you off them? Are you back to work? I'm curious how we both recover since we are in different countries. I will have to confirm with my surgeon if I have the dual mobility device like you have.

I am happy for both of us! Please stay in touch! Isn't @Cynthia777 great! She is always here making sure we are comfortable and looked after!:console2:

Love and hugs to you! Have a wonderful weekend!
 
Hi Debbie---I am soooo happy for you....finally its over...I have no restrictions at all---they even say this hipsocket will grow together with my bone and that the implant is life long....I can go around my house with 1 crutch but outside with 2....abour 6 weeks with both they say but its not the same with everyone...I am planning on going back to work in june...maybe sooner...I have only a bit pain when I am out for long walks...no antibiotica a week back...the wedding was great but I wanted to dance ha ha ....they had special chairs for me in the church and party...I am so happy for you and pray once again it will go great.....hugs
 
It is great to hear how others with infections are now free of them. It sure gives me hope. Thanks so much for sharing.
 
thank you @oldgoat yes there is hope...I am very happy with my outcome....
 
Hi @old goat - yes indeed! Your time will come as well! I think my only concern/fear is it's not over yet for me and I won't breath a sigh of relief until all my restrictions have been lifted and I can actually put full weight on my leg and walk freely. I will continue to stay positive and have faith because it's the only direction I can go!:flwrysmile:
 
Hi @old goat - yes indeed! Your time will come as well! I think my only concern/fear is it's not over yet for me and I won't breath a sigh of relief until all my restrictions have been lifted and I can actually put full weight on my leg and walk freely. I will continue to stay positive and have faith because it's the only direction I can go!:flwrysmile:
I know what you mean. I even dream about walking again. I am anxious to see how it will bend after using the immobilizer. How are you doing with bending? Are your PT orders now to have "gentle" sessions so to speak? I am so glad for you things are finally looking up.[emoji106] [emoji75]


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
 
Hello ladies...I've just read all your posts as I will be going in for the spacer surgery in a couple of weeks.

It sounded pretty scary about the pain and limitations.

But I'm glad that I was able to read your thread because you just don't get the full story from the doctors.
I went and talked at length to the surgical Fellow, but it was like talking to a politician!
He skirted around every question and actually said there would be very little pain.

At least now, I can go in knowing what the results may be and I will much firmer than I was for the first seven
surgeries!

I was hoping that I could get in the car after a couple of weeks and least just check in at work now and again.

Lssa65, I hope things are going well now?

Canadianlps
THR 2012
Revisions x 6 2014
 
Wishing you all the positiveness in the world!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom