Recent content by inca1

  1. I

    THR Hip hip hooray - Jane's new hip story!

    Hi Jane, To answer your question about the "forgotten hip" - I had both hips replaced last year, January and May, and from about 12 weeks with each I have had no pain at all. I am active to the extent of walking my dog daily for about 4 miles through woods and fields and am also able to swim and...
  2. I

    GA or Epidural with or without sedation?

    Gum168 Hi, I have had both hips replaced this year in separate ops. 5 months apart and at a Spire hospital. For each I had spinals without sedation. I can highly recommend it. I went into each op. feeling bright and chatty if a little apprehensive and remained wide awake throughout. The...
  3. I

    THR Jojool rides to the other side...

    Hi Jojool , I have had both hips replaced this year and had 4 sessions of very light PT with the first and no PT with the second. I have had fantastic straightforward recoveries with both with no problems at all. I am a very keen walker and use that as my excercise together with occasional...
  4. I

    THR Sometimes peachy, sometimes the pits

    Hi Peaches, I had my left hip replaced in January this year and at that point my surgeon felt that my right hip had some way to go before needing replacement. I had a great recovery but within 8 weeks I could feel that my right hip was deteriorating very quickly. Interestingly when I saw my OS...
  5. I

    THR 5 weeks post op and looking for suggestions...please.

    Hi AnnieD, Sorry to hear you are having such a difficult time. I suffer in general with restless and jumpy legs and they were much worse in the first few weeks after each of my THR's. What helped me most at night was to direct a cold fan on maximum onto my lower legs. I still sleep with a fan...
  6. I

    THR outpatient physical therapy?

    Peaches ,Hi, I have a dog who is always looking for a good long walk and so come rain or shine we always go out in the fields and woods around here. I have been gradually building up the length of the walk since my last op. and for the last week have felt back to normal. I was able to dog walk...
  7. I

    THR outpatient physical therapy?

    Hi Trumpsux, I have had 2 THR 's this year - Jan and May and for the first had 5 sessions of PT and for the second have had none. My second recovery has been fantastic and I am now at 6 weeks post op able to walk 4 miles daily with ease and no walking aides. I have lost my limp and now do just...
  8. I

    THR Thrilled now 2nd hip is done

    Had my 3 week check-up yesterday. My OS was very pleased with my progress and that's it - I don't need to see him again unless I have any problems! He said that physio was unnecessary and just to keep on walking but not to overdo things before the 6 week mark. My scar has healed nicely and I am...
  9. I

    THR Beckylou's hip hip hooray May 20th

    beckylou, you are doing so well for 3 weeks. Baking cakes and birthday parties! You are amazing - and although I'm sure your husband is doing a wonderful job in managing everything you are probably doing much more than you realise. Our days sound very similar except that I don't have young...
  10. I

    THR Thrilled now 2nd hip is done

    sandybeach, I will go out and look for a lavender pillow today and try it - thanks for the suggestion It is 5.30am here and I have decided to give up trying to sleep and start the day. I have had sleep problems for the last 10 years or so but never quite as bad as this! I have a very early...
  11. I

    THR Thrilled now 2nd hip is done

    Well, I feel that I made a big leap forward this week! I woke up on Wednesday and my hip/ leg felt like mine again. I can now walk up and down stairs normally although I use the bannister going up to help. I can walk unaided but do limp when I get tired and use my cane then and on longer walks...
  12. I

    THR Thrilled now 2nd hip is done

    sandybeach,because I had a longer period between my two surgeries I felt that my first leg was fully recovered before my 2nd op. I did a lot of walking every day and really concentrated on my gait and taking a long stride. I think I must have been quite a sight at times striding around my local...
  13. I

    THR Beckylou's hip hip hooray May 20th

    beckylou,Hi, I have been thinking of you and hope things have picked up after last week and that you and the children are feeling better. What a lovely friend to turn up to help for the weekend - some people just know exactly what is needed. I have some wonderful friends who have turned up with...
  14. I

    THR Happy again - my crying days are over!

    Nylsor, Have just read your post on my thread - what an incredible coincidence - I spent the afternoon in Berkhamsted! My mother lives there and I live very close by! Will reply in more detail tomorrow - just heading up for an early night after quite a busy day ( not spent in the garden as...
  15. I

    THR Thrilled now 2nd hip is done

    Nylsor,I have just finished reading your thread and am so sorry to hear about the shocking way you were treated by your GP and the length of time to diagnose the OA.That must have been an awful experience and no surprise that you ended up feeling very down.However the eventual outcome sounds to...
Back
Top Bottom