Recent content by icep707

  1. icep707

    TKR Braunzie's Journey on "The Other Side"?

    @Braunzie , sounds like you are doing just great. I remember those early weeks, lack of sleep and the early morning stiffness from a restless night. Oh ! I shudder just thinking about it. But dont be alarmed, its par of course and 100 % worth it. If you remember i too work for Costco as a...
  2. icep707

    Finally have a date!

    @nomoreski , do what i did ! And that was to immerse yourself in bonesmart. You cant go wrong with all the knowledge, experience and support . My wait was 90 days and in hindsight it flew by. Most importantly is to properly elevate and ice those knees like no ones business . And to...
  3. icep707

    TKR Physical therapy pain

    The ole physical torturist . Grab that metal object and hit her with it !! On the head !! Never ever allow anyone to do that again. Communication is vital here. Tell her in advance not to cause pain. Its impossible to have scar tissue this early. I had 2 therapist, 1 was super gentle...
  4. icep707

    TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

    Hi Ann, Can you fill me in on the status of both knees. I dont get on bonesmart nearly as much , much less type anything. So i recall you had one knee done early last year but you had complications, however you had a revision ? Im i correct. Was it a success ? Than if im correct , you had...
  5. icep707

    TKR Braunzie's Journey on "The Other Side"?

    Be sure you are properly elevated and ice that knee like no ones business. For me it was 16 hours a day. No exaggeration and for weeks. I actually used 2 body length pillows from Costco for 11.99 each. I stacked them and rested my leg on them. And always had ice on it. That was my job ! I...
  6. icep707

    Will I be able to do this with my new knee???

    I just wanted to be pain free and to walk without a limp. But ive surpassed my wildest expectations. All now with no pain whatsoever. Im about 1 year and a half post op. You will be able to do somethings from that clip. However jumping is not a good idea. Particularly depending on ones...
  7. icep707

    TKR First time TKR at 45 years old.

    Lack of sleep is very common, in fact it surprised me the most during my recovery. i rarely slept for 5 maybe 6 weeks. Sad but very true. All you can do it try to elevate ,ice and meds on time all the time. Use pillows. It wasnt uncommon at all for me to have stayed up 48 straight hours...
  8. icep707

    TKR Rob's Knew Knee

    Thats funny , the dreams !!! . One dream i had, i was in the ukraine uprising and another 1 , i was riding a car through space however i was hanging on from the outside of a car ! Yeah ,pretty scary. And thats why i stopped the oxys after 1 week. Not to mention my GF thought i was going to...
  9. icep707

    Last Day of Work for.. 9 weeks??

    Best of luck , seems like yesterday i was 3 days away from my surgery. I stayed soo busy the weekend prior . I was about as well versed and prepared as i could of been . I stayed on bonesmart daily for 3 months prior to my surgey. I had never been in a hospital overnight except i suppose...
  10. icep707

    TKR Rob's Knew Knee

    @Rob 68 Excellant recovery so far ,in fact reminded me of my recovery. It was flawless. However at home we dont get to keep the excellent hospital staff with us. Its our job to properly elevate and ice that knee like no ones business. Not to mention taking meds on time all the time...
  11. icep707

    TKR My six-month post-op update

    Sorry about your losses . Its tragic. As for your knee, its still relatively early in recovery. I rarely hear any clicking or popping noise whatsoever and hardly felt much numbing but i did have stiffness for quite awhile. But even thats over with. Im about 16 months into recovery and...
  12. icep707

    Failed Knee Replacements - How Common?

    Its ok to be nervous and apprehensive about the surgery, i sure was. However the day i was given my date was the day i found bonesmart . I studied bonesmart daily for 90 days until my surgery. i felt so confidant with all the great advice and support i got from this forum . Not to mention , i...
  13. icep707

    Doctor says that I am to young

    @Khandybey I was 42 years old when i was told my acl was not going to be repaired since i was already bone on bone. And that i needed to wait 10 years atleast. Needless to say i was devastated. So i decided to go to another surgeon who insisted on cortisone shots and that i need to wait...
  14. icep707

    Travel 4wks post-op

    Not to mention even if she does decide to go , her knee will probably resemble a watermelon afterwards and she wont be able to bend it at all.
  15. icep707

    Planning for the Unknown

    @TinWoman i really enjoyed your writing style ,it reminds me of the notorious @jeano who was getting her knee done the same time i had mine done. We will need to know what you are having done , a single knee or double. There a big difference in the recovery, in my opinion. I was over...
Back
Top Bottom