Recent content by Hotchocolate

  1. Hotchocolate

    THR Hot Chocolate's Recovery Thread

    Hitting the glorious 6 month mark. I feel like, in terms of practical daily function, I'm pretty good. I can carry a few shopping bags up the stairs without gripping the hand rail for dear life. Getting up and down is still stiff, but I can do it without worrying. If I go swimming at the gym, I...
  2. Hotchocolate

    THR Hot Chocolate's Recovery Thread

    Thank you :SUNsmile:
  3. Hotchocolate

    THR Hot Chocolate's Recovery Thread

    Is it possible to change this to "Hot Chocolate's Recover Thread?" I probably will only pop in here monthly just for a personal recovery journal, and it'd be easier to find my thread if my name was at the beginning of the title. 5 month (tomorrow) update: Things that are still healing Lying...
  4. Hotchocolate

    THR Chocolatine's New Hip

    That's awesome! Sounds like you had a great day on top of the extra steps. Keep it up!
  5. Hotchocolate

    THR My journey, if only I had known<

    Really sorry to hear you're having another surgery. I hope it's quick and recovery is smooth!
  6. Hotchocolate

    THR My thigh muscle is too weak

    My surgeon recommended an elliptical to rebuild some of the lost muscle. I did 15 mins last week in the lowest setting and my legs were jelly. I had to skip Friday because I still had DOMS (muscle soreness). But I think Jamie's suggestion is better. Try to find a physical therapist that can...
  7. Hotchocolate

    THR Hot Chocolate's Recovery Thread

    Not quite 4 months, but yesterday I had X-rays done. The cracked bone has healed, and now my surgeon wants me working on the treadmill and elliptical to regain some of the muscle I lost before surgery. After a month a this, I can try a Zumba class :spin::loveshwr::catdance: I'm also going to...
  8. Hotchocolate

    Post surgery golf

    I also had an anterior thr, and my surgeon also forbid running and a few other of my favorite activities, but there's other things you can do. Hiking should be fine. And there's outside recumbent bikes if you want to ride but reduce the risk of falling. (I used to make fun of the old dudes...
  9. Hotchocolate

    THR Solar 7's recovery

    When I worked at a gym the joke was... Female client: what do I need to eat to get a fat booty? Rice? Trainer: go do barbell squats Female client: how many crunches should I do for abs? Trainer: chicken The unfortunate truth about abs is they won't show unless you're bf% is very low, so...
  10. Hotchocolate

    THR Hot Chocolate's Recovery Thread

    Baby's first walk without a cane. For comparison, BEFORE surgery not only did I have to use a cane, but my pace would be over 36min for a mile (1.6 km)
  11. Hotchocolate

    THR Terrible muscle pains

    This is a great update! Thanks for encouraging those of us just getting started on our recoveries!
  12. Hotchocolate

    THR One yr post THR with ongoing pain - MRI report included

    Hi! I have GAD, so I understand that swarm-of-ticked-off-bees feeling in your brain in chest always telling you to do more and do it *right* But it's highly likely that in this case, the right steps to help yourself recover is to rest more. This is so hard for me to do! My brain will try to...
  13. Hotchocolate

    THR Solar 7's recovery

    Standing is THE WORST. I'm only 3 months out, not four, but I would say, yeah, that's pretty normal. I can walk 2 miles (with my trusty cane for now) but I can't stand for very long at all. My last post was me literally complaining that I couldn't even take the lights off my Christmas tree...
  14. Hotchocolate

    THR 1 year after THR having thigh pain.

    I'd say go ahead and call and see if they can work you in sooner. At worst, they'd filled up, but if you do get to bump up your appointment, that's less days to be anxious about it. I'm sorry you're experiencing new pains, and hope they figure out what's wrong.
  15. Hotchocolate

    THR Chocolatine's New Hip

    I'm sorry to hear you'll need another surgery. Healing from one is bad enough. One easy thing you can do for your glutes right now is glutes squeezes. You can do those while icing or resting. Your can probably also do pelvic tilts. Most straightening exercises should wait 12 weeks (but get your...
Back
Top Bottom