THR Hot Chocolate's Recovery Thread

Happy 5 month anniversary, @Hotchocolate! It's great to read your update. I know it will give hope to others who are behind you in this recovery.
 
Hitting the glorious 6 month mark. I feel like, in terms of practical daily function, I'm pretty good. I can carry a few shopping bags up the stairs without gripping the hand rail for dear life. Getting up and down is still stiff, but I can do it without worrying. If I go swimming at the gym, I can change into dry clothes without it being an ORDEAL (when I first had doctor's clearance for swimming, I was so excited, but I ended up not going more than a few times because the hassle of changing without either getting my clothes wet or doing stupid things to try and balance wasn't worth it, but now it's fine).

My gluteal tendons do still get sore *quickly* Even when I *think* I'm doing easy stuff, I have to pay attention and...sometimes draw it back a little more. I'm sharing this bit, because I remember seeing so many people (especially at the 3-5 month marks) that ended hurting a lot because they'd start to feel better and just *go* and then wonder why all their soft tissue was crying afterward. Y'all, take breaks! Walk a lot, but take breaks!

Finished my first mesocycle for weight lifting at the gym, and today is the last day of de-load (a week of recovery) and tomorrow I go back to start a new 8 week program. Very excited! Can't wait until I can start sneaking kettlebells back into my life (decided that I'm going to wait about a year for that). The more research I do on perimenopause, the more I'm convinced that afabs (assigned female at birth) just. need. to. strength. train. like. their. quality. of. life. depends. on. it.

Hope you all are recovering well!
 
Congratulations (belated) on your six month Hip-versary, @Hotchocolate! Sounds like you are doing well and getting back to life!
 
@Hotchocolate - I totally get how irritating it is faffing about in the changing room after swimming - I always manage to get something wet. :swim:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom