Recent content by Hood1980

  1. Hood1980

    Revision TKR Hood1980’s Revision

    I haven’t given an update in a while but there hasn’t been any improvements and it’s been difficult trying to accept this new way of life including the 25 pound weight gain. [emoji22] knee replacement and revision is about so much more than your knee! I wish they would take more of a team...
  2. Hood1980

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    I’m happy you don’t have to have a revision. Some of us are better off than we were before the revision, but I for one will never be “as good as new!” It seems like I will have to learn to live with limitations, not able to kneel, not able to return to an active lifestyle, etc. I hope that...
  3. Hood1980

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    Praying for you Jockette! [emoji1374] Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  4. Hood1980

    Revision TKR Hood1980’s Revision

    Hi everyone! My mom fell and broke her pelvis and I’ve been taking care of her and my recovery has taken a back seat, unfortunately. I did experience excruciating shin pain while she was still in the hospital, possibly from overdoing it by picking her up, etc, so I did make an appointment and...
  5. Hood1980

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    Love the pictures! Beautiful! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  6. Hood1980

    Knee kits

    I agree with Roy. I didn’t even need the toilet seat raiser, but I have short legs anyway! Lol! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  7. Hood1980

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    I want to thank you for all your support @Jockette! You have been here for me over the past year always supportive and respectful. We are all entitled to following our own health plan and no one here on Bonesmart feels let down by you. In fact, it makes you more one of us when you make...
  8. Hood1980

    MUA My 2nd Journey Begins

    So happy for you @Desertgal! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  9. Hood1980

    TKR Right knee done on 5th September 2018

    I had revision surgery the same day as Your TKR. We aren’t suppose to compare [emoji6], but I’m amazed you walk with no limp! I think that is awesome and wish I could say the same. Everyone heals differently and surgeons do a poor job educating patients on the healing process and expectations...
  10. Hood1980

    Revision TKR Hood1980’s Revision

    I’ve been walking more trying to build up my quad strength. I’ve re-started my aqua therapy and reconditioning class yesterday. Love the pool! Giving up the cane as much as I reasonably can. I’m able to do a few steps “normally” albeit with a firm grip on the handrails! ROM seems to be...
  11. Hood1980

    Bilateral TKR Rhody on the Road to Recovery

    Has your gait always been good? It’s very difficult for me to walk at almost 8 weeks out. My OS says I just need to build up quad strength. I’m trying to be patient, but it’s hard! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  12. Hood1980

    Revision TKR Hood1980’s Revision

    Awesome news from my 7 week follow up appointment with my surgeon today! I’m doing great. My quads are weak, making walking difficult along with my lack of confidence. He told me to Strengthen my quads by walking, recumbent cycling, quad sets and straight leg raises. As my quads get stronger...
  13. Hood1980

    MUA My 2nd Journey Begins

    Great progress @Desertgal! I go tomorrow for my 7 week follow up! :unsure: I'll let you know how it goes!
  14. Hood1980

    Revision TKR Third times the charm- hopefully

    That’s awesome @jboles! Yes I know Coach K! He is a West Point alum as is my son that just moved to Raleigh. Small world. I wonder how long the wait is to get an initial evaluation appointment with him? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  15. Hood1980

    Revision TKR Hood1980’s Revision

    I sure hope y’all are right and it’s still early in the healing process, but I feel I should be further along. I meet with my OS on Thursday and am looking forward to what he has to say. [emoji848] I see Josephine will be away this week so that will give me some time to post a picture for her...
Back
Top Bottom