PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

God bless you, Jockette. You have a heart of gold! Bonesmart's members are so blessed to have you apart of our 'family'. I pray that God will guide you in your knees' future and that you find relief physically and emotionally! We are here for you whatever you decide to do or not to do! :console2::prayer::friends:
 
@sistersinhim Thank you! :console2:You are always so encouraging to me, also, and I’m so thankful to have met you. I don’t know what I would do without you and all the other advisors. Yes, we are like family.

I sometimes feel I have let the advisors down, by not continuing to pursue more opinions to correct my knee, but right now I just can’t.
 
Oh, and yesterday I bowled my best game this season! 159, I got a spare 6 frames in a row, missed the next one, got 2 more, and missed it in the tenth frame.

My second game was a 145, with 2 strikes in a row! Fabulous for my 105 average! One of the guys asked for my autograph! :rotfl:

I wore out in the third game with an 81. Which is why my average stays around 105.

But it was fun! :happydance:

Admin, I would like to request a bowling emoji! :heehee:
 
@Jockette I so agree with @Kazmeraz and in your case being sensitive means you have empathy with other people and you can probably see right through other people too - don’t apologise for this gift.

I’m a bit late replying to your post but I’ve only just seen it. Good luck with the bowling.
 
That you stay and offer support to members who are struggling with their recoveries is a gift to BoneSmart. You understand their frustration in ways that are true to their experience.

Your bowling scores now are just fine! This is a just-for-fun league, right? Not a former-tour-pros league.
 
We do have one former pro bowler on our little community league. He’s so nice! He never tells you how to bowl, he’s just always encouraging.

Last year I was on his team. Because he’s so good, the person in charge of scheduling puts others with him who have lower averages. They try to keep the teams as level as they can.

Last year he bowled his highest game ever and we still lost the match because the rest of us barely broke 90 that game! So, even for a pro, it takes teamwork!!! :heehee:
 
You know your body and your situation better than anyone else. The only person you have to answer to is you! Oh, and your husband, of course. He sounds like a jewel, too!
 
Don't feel you're letting us down, Jockette.
It's your body and only you can know when you feel ready to try some other treatment for your knee.
Whatever you do, it's OK.

It is a help to other people that you have problems and yet here you are, helping others.
You probably understand more about how they feel than those of us do who had uncomplicated recoveries.
 
@Celle
In discussing patella buttons on beachy’s thread, I wondered, can that button loosen and cause problems?
 
I want to thank you for all your support @Jockette! You have been here for me over the past year always supportive and respectful. We are all entitled to following our own health plan and no one here on Bonesmart feels let down by you. In fact, it makes you more one of us when you make yourself vulnerable and open up about your own concerns and issues. We are here for you too! [emoji3059]


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
@Hood1980 :console2::console2:
I certainly do understand poor outcomes and the trials of second opinions, and how unfairly we can be treated by the medical professionals.

Thank you for being here for me, too, in the midst of all you’ve been through.

I remember all the posts I read over the last year and a half to members who are advised to get second opinions, and how they ended up having to see more than one dr, and I felt so bad for them, and now I’m one of them. It’s a disappointing place to be.

Thankfully Bonesmart comes the rescue with tons of support and caring honesty. I honestly don’t know where I’d be without all of you.
 
I wish one of those doctors had sent you for a CT Scan or MRI. You really need to find out what's going on with that knee. Is it getting any better or worse?
 
@sistersinhim It’s about the same. I was out yesterday and it was cold enough I wore pants. I was shopping and had to walk outside to get from store to store, and due to a miscommunication, my husband parked further away than I planned, it wasn’t worth the hassle of discussing it further, so I just did the longer walk. I figured the walk would be good for me anyway. (And often he still offers to drop me off near the door, though I decline, because the walk is good for me.)

By the time I was headed back to the car I realized my knee was not complaining as much as usual with the pants on. But the second I walked into my house it knew we were home and screamed to be set free. :doh:

And yet my bend really is so much better than it was, except when I’m laying down. I should get a picture of both and post it to see what Josephine says. I think it’s a big difference and don’t understand why.
 
I wonder if the cold was the same thing as putting ice on it, then when walking in the house it warmed up and through a fit! At least you can wear long pants outside! I don't understand why your bends should be so different. Mine bends the same as the other knew both ways. At least your knee isn't getting worse. I pray it gets better!
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Members online

Back
Top Bottom