Recent content by HollyB

  1. HollyB

    THR My Hip Trip - Second Verse

    Hello Bone Smart Gang! It has been several weeks since I've written an update. I am approaching Week 9 since my second surgery and there have definitely been ups and downs. Here's what has been going on with me of late: Week 5: I was released from Home Health PT with a referral to Outpatient...
  2. HollyB

    THR copsham's recovery thread

    @copsham I'm beyond thrilled that your surgery went well and that you are at home. Those two items alone are cause for celebration! But, really, the hospital staff left a cannula in your arm ... unbelievable! Hope they travel to you and set things right. Tramadol. Well, you know I have one...
  3. HollyB

    Hip Infection Surviving THR Revision

    @Sullivand I am so sorry to learn of this latest glitch in your recovery. Please know that you are in my thoughts and that I'm sending you those good old BoneSmart Healing Vibes!
  4. HollyB

    THR copsham's recovery thread

    N-o-o-o-o! Oh, @copsham, I am so sorry that you need to have surgery on that foot. Bless your sweet,sweet heart. I will be thinking of you and sending healing thoughts across the ocean to you.
  5. HollyB

    THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

    @beachgal I always read your thread with such delight! Paris, Kentucky Derby, Class Reunion and now... a Viking River Cruise. My absolute dream trip would be one of the Viking River Cruises. I've talked to people who have taken these cruises and it was raves all around. Bet you'll have a...
  6. HollyB

    How long have most of you waited between THR's?

    @Doodles51 I think you are the first person who has mentioned to me that one leg was worse but the other caused more pain. How did you decide which hip? My OS recommended that I address the painful hip first. Glad I did. I was concerned that my left hip might not hold up as I was rehabbing...
  7. HollyB

    How long have most of you waited between THR's?

    Hello @Doodles51. I had a RTHR on January 27 of this year. Nineteen weeks later, on June 9, I had LTHR. Both of my procedures were minimally invasive posterior resulting in incisions of 3 inches on the right and about 4.5 on the left. The left hip looked worse on X-rays but the right hip had...
  8. HollyB

    THR My Hip Trip - Second Verse

    Update at 3 weeks and 3 days ( 24 days) : Yesterday ( day 23 after surgery) The Health Nurse arrived in the morning. Vitals were good. The incision looks good !!! There are a few steri-strips remaining but the Health Nurse trimmed the curling edges. The drainage has stopped completely and...
  9. HollyB

    THR Two down, none to go!

    Hi @DebraR. I have been a long time "lurker" on your thread because I knew you were going to have both hips "done" and that the plan was to stage them. This is my story, too. I had the right hip surgery on January 27 and then 19 weeks later the left hip surgery on June 9. I thought I might...
  10. HollyB

    THR My Hip Trip - Second Verse

    @agileHippie, my OS gave the initial instructions for my wound care: seven days after surgery the Home Health Nurse was instructed to remove the hospital bandage. She replaced the hospital bandage with the type of bandage you describe -- gauze anchored by easy removable tape. She showed us...
  11. HollyB

    THR My Hip Trip - Second Verse

    @Josephine feel free to use the description of my experience. I tried to detail it so maybe it would help someone else -- it really pleases me that you think it might be of use.
  12. HollyB

    THR Hip 2 on deck!

    Greetings @LibraryLynn! I've been thinking of you and wondering how things were going. Best wishes to you my hippie friend!
  13. HollyB

    THR My Hip Trip - Second Verse

    Thank you so much for your response @Josephine. Biodegradable thread from fruit juice -- that's just amazing to me! I read the article you referenced and found it to be excellent and clear. Don't know how I missed it since I often "troll" the Library here at BoneSmart. Here's a bit of an...
  14. HollyB

    THR Newbie! Anterior hip on May 19, 2015

    @donor does your OS offer electronic access to your chart? If it does there is probably the ability to access the office by e-mail. Both my OS and my Personal Physician have this electronic feature and I have found it very useful and quick. Both offices respond within 24 hours and usually...
  15. HollyB

    THR My Hip Trip - Second Verse

    Thank you @Sullivand for asking about me -- I really appreciate it. Yesterday was a huge day for me and completely wore me out! I've been doing lots of napping today. Here's what happened: The Health Nurse and the PT arrived about the same time yesterday morning so I was "doubled -teamed"...
Back
Top Bottom