Guest viewing is limited

THR Hip 2 on deck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is good news, Lynn.....and I changed your thread prefix for you. It's nice to change one back to "normal"!!!
 
Good for you. There is such a huge change iin the whole feeling of your posts this time, more accepting of where you are and confidant. Tha sounds so pleased thumbs up lass

Legin THR Sep 14
 
What The Leg Man said! Lynn I'm just over the Moon with your update!!! Such great news. Thank you for detailing how you dealt with that potential infection. You didn't wait around to see what was going to happen. You took action. A good example for all of us Bone Smarties.

And a second big thank you for describing the difference between the two surgeries. I'm so happy for you that this second surgery is easier. Do you think part of the difference is that you know a bit about what to expect -- at least the process of it? For my upcoming second surgery I feel more comfortable about the process and that's a real stress reducer for me. Of course, I have no idea how the second leg will react ( it's actually a bit worse on the x-Rays than the leg that had surgery -- the surgical leg was more painful so I went with what I was feeling rather than what the pictures showed at the recommendation of my OS). And a third thank you for wishing me an easier recovery on the second hip. Fingers crossed!

Keep those good updates coming!
 
Its not Leg man, err i might be but Legin is my name backwards as it fits me.
 
hi @LibraryLynn Glad the infection was a non starter. I just think almost anything can worry us if we are looking for it! You really are doing well, thank goodness - you deserve it. x
 
@Legin, oh my gosh, I was just playing with your sign on name -- guess I was hoping it would make our buddy, Lynn, laugh a little. I hope I didn't offend you in any way as I'm a big fan of yours -- seriously. Lynn, I do hope your nerves have settled from this past week's events and that you are able to relax, smile a little (or a lot!), and just let the healing continue. Thinking of you and sending all the good thoughts your way.
 
Relax Holly its fine not a lot annoys me
 
@Legin I much prefer legman, myself, and it did make me smile. :) After all he's been through, he could also be footman or hipman. :rotfl:

@HollyB Thanks, as always, for the good wishes. I have been talking to Nikki, my PT, about why this hip is better. I think there are several things that go into the difference. One of the biggest is what you mentioned...the fact that you know what to expect the second time around. I was SO apprehensive before my first surgery, and my mind went absolutely everywhere. I worried that my muscle spasms in my leg would get so bad I wouldn't be able to stand it. I worried about my stenosis acting up. I worried about...well, things you can't even imagine (or perhaps you worried about them too). This time I knew...keep your legs together when you get into the car or into the bed...you can't hurt it (the pretzels that I felt I was wrapped in to sometimes by my PT made me realize that, and long for a career in ballet)...every ache and twinge and pain is not a precursor of a tragedy...

I'm not really sure how much of a difference how "bad" the hip is because most of the "bad" is taken away by the replacement. I think the time it's "bad" makes a difference with the muscles and how they react, but I think a great deal of "bad" is taken away by the surgery.

I recently did an odd thing and watched an entire anterior hip replacement on youtube. It was a 50 minute video, and it was most of the surgery. That is not a good idea for anyone squeamish, but I'm fascinated by surgery and medical things, so I had no problem watching it. What I learned is that the skill of your surgeon is one of THE most important things in regards to the recovery and result. There were so many variables during the surgery, and since it was a teaching video, they discussed many of them. As Josephine as said many times, how many of these surgeries they have done is a very important factor in who you should choose.

One other variable that I think was different this time is that I didn't have to take blood thinner, and I could immediately begin taking naproxen. I think that kept the swelling and stiffness down so I was more likely to move around.

Holly...I think your second surgery is going to go very well for you. I get the feeling that we're two peas in a pod, and the mental component is huge for both of us.

@copsham Thanks a lot! I'm thrilled we were wrong about the infection. Better safe than sorry.
 
All seems good hey oh worry one. Im staying quiet on legdoioooodah
 
Hi @LibraryLynn
How are you? Haven't heard from you. Thinking of you and wishing you well.
x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Me to I mentioned you re acupuncture and massages not for me I might add I'm full of holes from needles.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom