Recent content by Hippy12

  1. Hippy12

    Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

    I'm so sorry you lost your husband. It's hard to lose someone with whom you've shared life and love. Good for you for your positive outlook. I too, forget about the surgery and why "I can't" cross my legs anymore.
  2. Hippy12

    THR Not sure what I can and can't do afterTRHR/Waterbed

    PT told me to lead with operated side going up, unoperated going down. I live on 4 levels so stairs are musts around here.
  3. Hippy12

    THR Not sure what I can and can't do afterTRHR/Waterbed

    I can answer this one! My hip replacement was the day b4 Thanksgiving, 2012. I was lucky in that I had PT at home.. but this is so exciting to meet another waterbed lover! My biggest issue was when I could get back into a water bed! (I HATED the couch - no sleep for me there, so hubby went...
  4. Hippy12

    Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

    A dog, a doggie.. best exercise in the world!! He takes me out 5 - 6 times a day over all kinds of terrain, so the only formal exercise I need is the weights I do each morning!
  5. Hippy12

    Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

    Why thank you, Poppet. It is a time of reflection for me. It's been a big year of being able to do things. How are YOU doing? ..and how did you know I'm a cat princess? jk:thankyou::kitty chris:
  6. Hippy12

    Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

    Hi everyone. It's been a long time since I checked in. I see most of you are doing great. I hit my 1 year mark for having the right hip replaced on Thanksgiving. I'm still "careful" but very active. No restrictions. The chats here were so helpful to me early on when the recovery seemed to...
  7. Hippy12

    best position for the bed

    Welcome, Detazlady! YUM, brownies! I was taught to sit on the edge of the bed, then use my arms like 'push ups' to aid wiggling along my butt to get myself comfy. Some folks never lie on the operated side, but my PT encouraged it as soon as I could bear it, so the hard edges along the...
  8. Hippy12

    THR My Journey begins

    I'm sorry your hubby isn't around to help out. I hope he gets back soon and does his nursing duty! :yes!: Funny, I found the walker so much easier to use than a crutch. The first cane I used had a big platform with 4 legs!
  9. Hippy12

    THR 26 days and I need a hug.

    OMG.. I use those bags all the time for cat scooping too. In this neighborhood everyone with a dog and/or cats uses them. I even use 1 to carry my mail from the mailbox! Someplace I saw they outlawed plastic water bottles. Yike!
  10. Hippy12

    THR 26 days and I need a hug.

    I don't know if you get the 'handle plastic bags' from your markets, as we do. I find it helpful to bring one on my walks. I throw the full poop bags into it. Let the handle hang from wrist or finger. I'm walking a neighbor's dog as well as mine at lunchtimes, so this keeps down the ick factor!
  11. Hippy12

    THR My Journey begins

    Beth! I am thrilled for you. You know the drill to recovering from this surgery, and you're FINALLY doing it! Isn't it wonderful when we have a physical problem that can be fixed? Congratulations!
  12. Hippy12

    buttock pain

    I can't answer that, but I know most workplaces, once you go back, you can't go back on disability and have to just bear it if you decide to return too soon. Personally, I would wait at least 2 months. :flwrysmile:
  13. Hippy12

    THR We are home

    Every day, you'll find there is something you can do you couldn't do the day before. I agree with everyone who told you to REST and be kind to yourself. :yes!:
Back
Top Bottom