Recent content by hip-hip-hooray-in-seattle

  1. H

    THR Nerdgrrl has a new hip!

    I said 7 weeks but meant 7 months - big difference I know. Up until Friday I mostly walked, exercised in the pool and swam for exercise. My progress has been slow but steady. This last weekend was just seeing what I could do and I am pleasantly surprised. I plan on hiking with a friend on...
  2. H

    THR Nerdgrrl has a new hip!

    First time I have logged in for months. I recognized your pics of the Twin Falls hike. It's great so many folks are doing so well. I am almost 7 weeks post op and doing great. I can do so much more with no pain. I do have a quick question - I walked 4 miles Saturday and hiked Sunday...
  3. H

    THR Home with my new hip!

    FYI...I have been gradually using the cane more and more over the last week. I got sore a few times from overuse. Guess there were some unhappy glut muscles. I also love the "freedom".
  4. H

    THR My recovery time has begun...

    Today only used the cane in and out of the house. It is amazing how much stronger you get each day. I am pretty sore right now so I will ice and probably take a valium to sleep (muscle relaxar and sleep aid). I had to walk up stairs yesterday (with my cane) and it went well - better than...
  5. H

    Right THR 19th Feb - a bit nervous now.

    I was so worried about surgery and it really went well. It's was hard not to worry. A couple of items that made my life easier post surgery are: -shoes/slippers that are fur lined (I have not worn socks since the hospital) -a walker with a seat (borrowed my father in laws) which allows me...
  6. H

    THR Better late than never

    Wow I hope you are feeling better and getting stronger Weezi! Sorry to hear about your terrible hospital experience.
  7. H

    THR Home with my new hip!

    Yeah for sleeping on your side.
  8. H

    THR My recovery time has begun...

    Sounds like everyone is recovering well. I also have that feeling like I am sitting on something (more like an orange). My pt said it will eventually go away. It does usually happen when I am tired or after exercising. I had my surgery on 1/22. I am using a cane around the house and...
  9. H

    THR Spring and summer here I come

    Wow it sounds like you are doing great ... only a cane when you go out. I still use the walker around the house and crutches when I am out. Can't wait to see how the next few weeks unfold!
  10. H

    THR Home with my new hip!

    Wildsong it sounds like you are doing so well ! :SUNsmile:
  11. H

    THR Hip-Hip is Bionic

    Thanks for all your well wishes. I am feeling so much better. I am watching my pain levels (thank you bonesmart for all the info on this). I am sleeping ok but wake up at 3-4am to use the bathroom. This is unusual for me so I am hoping it is just something residual from the surgery. I...
  12. H

    THR Hip-Hip is Bionic

    I made it! Surgery on Tuesday, 1/22 and home on Friday, 1/25 just a planned. The surgery day was great, including recovery. I had a spinal and the antero-lateral approach. I felt in such professional hands. Someone in Bonesmart posted something about "remember this is your dr and nurses...
  13. H

    All this info is so helpful - LTHR on 1/22

    I need to move to the other side but want to let you all know that I am well. They say life's a journey... Surgery went well - I felt great Tuesday evening, ate a meal, watched NCIS and slept a little. Wednesday and Thursday were spent figuring out pain meds...that happened on Friday...
  14. H

    All this info is so helpful - LTHR on 1/22

    Thanks for all your well wishes. See you on the other side...been waiting awhile to say that one!
  15. H

    Surgery is scheduled! SOON!

    Pennywise: thanks for the kind words. I am feeling a little jittery and nausous already. BYW I love the pics of you dogs.
Back
Top Bottom