Surgery is scheduled! SOON!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha, I have the cane, I actually need it most of the time to get around now.
 
Not sure why they would scold you for not preparing. Surely you needed to attend the pre-op session to confirm what was needed! In any case - not long now wildsong!
 
Wildsong I will literally be "right behind you" as my surgery is 1:15 on the 22nd. This last few days of waiting is difficult for and my family. I think the post op phase will be easier for them because it will be easier to know what to do to "help".

Nanel, I also had "stopped" getting ready but now realize I have a few more things to get/do. I also have done the pedicure and haircut/color so I feel my best on Tuesday. :)
 
Good afternoon ladies- I am in the let's get this show on the road mode. Got my mani/pedi and hair color all done. Went to church this morning with family and did lunch. Have most of my hospital things together except for last minute personal stuff. Have to be at hospital at 5am on Tuesday for a 7:30 important date. Have to work a little in the morning then going shopping for some new bed linens for the grandkids rooms. gonna keep myself as busy as I can. Talk with youall soon
 
Best of luck to you Nanal, Wildsong and Hip, hip hooray! I'm sure all will go well and you'll be pain free soon.

My surgery was January 2nd and I wasn't nervous until the morning of...then it was jitters and butterflies. I was so nauseous that I was afraid I'd puke or worse. When the OS came in for final greeting and initialing the left hip, my husband told him I was nervous and scared. The OS said he understood, but not to worry, he wasn't. In my flustered state, it took me a few seconds to get what he meant, but then it actually made me feel much better! I'm sure that your surgeons feel the same way as mine did.
 
The OS said he understood, but not to worry, he wasn't.
[Bonesmart.org] Surgery is scheduled! SOON!
He just made me feel better too! My chuckle for the evening. Thanks!
 
Hi wild song good luck for tomorrow can't wait for you to reclaim your life back !!! My prayers and best wishes are with you xxx
 
Thanks for the well wishes. i am feeling a little less anxious and a bit more exited today to get this new chapter on it's way.
Good luck to nanal, coolvoyage & hip hip hooray, my other Jan 22nd hip buddies!
 
Wildsong, It is only normal to be jittery, how can we not be nervous of the unknown? I have a month to go yet and at that time you will be the wise one saying, it was a breeze..lol. Good luck and take the advice of those who have been there.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Surgery is scheduled! SOON!
Wildsong! You're on your way to a new life with a brand new pain-free hip!!! I'll be looking for your first post from the "other side".
 
Good luck to all of you tomorrow! You all will be on the otherside shortly! Looking forward to hearing from you all soon!! Everyone is in my prayers!
 
Thinking about you today Wildsong. Good luck.!
 
Just waiting to leave for the hospital. Feeling nervous & scared & sick to my stomach. I hate this waiting part.
 
Yes, it is hard but trust me, you will come through this stronger and pain free! It is well worth it!! It is a challenging road but this is such a wonderful place for support and understanding. Take some deep breaths and go in with positive energy!!:SUNsmile: You will do great!!!!
 
Good luck wildsong, you'll do great. Once you get into the pre-op room and watch everybody do their job to make this incredible thing happen, you'll be fine. Then when they put that "I don't care" medicine in your IV the next thing you know you will be in recovery and on your way......
 
This is great day. The day you get an important part of your life back. :yes!:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom