Guest viewing is limited

THR Home with my new hip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to feel really good and now the cabin fever, boredom, depression is starting to kick in. I know I am not ready to work or drive yet, but I am so tired of these four walls! oh, and may I mention that I HATE these TED thigh highs!!!
 
whoo hoo, got my staples out today! Then went to dinner with hubby and then he took my to my chorus rehearsal. First day out since surgery. It was great, but I think I may have overdone things a little, just took a pain pill. Oh, and I have PT therapy appt tomorrow, oh-oh...
 
Hi wildsong- we are hip buddies for the same day. I am as well feeling very well. Have taken several road trips with hubs just to get some fresh air. I am planning on trying some short trips today just to see how things go. PT told me yesterday to do whatever I felt like but not to over-do. I am like you on the cabin fever. I had a pity party yesterday aftenoon and just totally lost control. Lasted about 10 min and then I just went on with my boring normal activity (ha ha). I just want to be normal again but realize once I try to do something I just don't have the energy to do anything. Will see how things go today.
 
Sounds like you are doing fab wildsong! Welcome to the other side :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Wildsong , just wondering if you ever have cheat days where you neglect to do your home or excercises Altogether because you are just too tired!? I did this yesterday due to random arvo napping and found I was very stiff ?

Has anyone else had experience in this and can report a consequence ?
 
Hi Wildsong,

I'm one day ahead of you, and doing well. The pain you're describing is the end-of-stem pain, and that lasts the longest. It's normal for up to 6 months, I think.

It's my only pain, but I have a longer revision stem.

Stargirl, you are cheating? ;) I figure I'm beyond the exercises in many of my daily activities, so I don't worry about the foot pumps. Picking up a small load of laundry and doing it must count as a few stretches. And what about loading and unloading the dishwasher? My opinion is that if you're walking and starting to do a lot of self-care around the home, then you may be getting some of the simpler movements in. I stretch my inner thighs while standing at my kitchen island and work in different movements. And since you're an Anterior, you can pick things up and basically do anything that doesn't hurt.

So yes, I cheat.
 
Bless you HappyHippy you rock !! Xxxx I think hats great advice !. Whist I have 'no restrictions' I have a pyschological barrier that's says don't be silly . Hopefully after six weeks I will get more confident :/ right now still a scaredy cat.
 
Had Pt today and even though I overdid yesterday (i didn't do anything I shouldn't have, just a little more of what I can do), It wasn't TOO bad today. I did feel it though. He added a couple more excersizes and said I was moving pretty good for 2 weeks out. I have been doing my excersizes throughout the day to keep me from being bored. I still have about 8 weeks before I can work on any abduction stuff. One day at a time...
 
Yippee! I get to try and sleep on my side tonight. Got my big pillows ready for between my knees. I had PT today and am progressing along and will start working on walking with the cane next week. But I want to DRIVE!!!
 
Well, I've tried sleeping on my side, but I seem to be achy when i wake up and can't do it for long stretches. At least I can switch back & forth between that & my back. I have one more week off, then i will be going back to work. Mostly no pain unless I overdo things, or the occasional bone pain going down my leg. Next milestones will be to get rid of the walker and then drive again!
 
PT today! I get to start using the cane! OMG it felt so much better using the cane vs the walker!
 
Congratulations!!!! You will have so much fun discovering what a cane can do, last night I used it to move cushions out if the way , scratch my leg and direct my husband :) lol
 
Sounds like you are progressing very well Wildsong :)

Did I read that you are going back to work? That seems rather early at just four weeks.

What type of work do you do?

Be watchful of the energy drain and if you can take some ice packs with you, I found they were a great help during those first few weeks back.

Good work with your PT :)
 
Congratulations!!!! You will have so much fun discovering what a cane can do, last night I used it to move cushions out if the way , scratch my leg and direct my husband :) lol

God gave women a stronger vocal cord to direct husbands with. I suspect you were directing him prior to the cane...lol jk
 
FYI...I have been gradually using the cane more and more over the last week. I got sore a few times from overuse. Guess there were some unhappy glut muscles. I also love the "freedom".
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom