Recent content by HilaryP

  1. HilaryP

    Bilateral TKR Hilary's Log Ride! - (telling it like it is..!)

    10 weeks out tomorrow! I've not been on here for ages! Nothing new to report really, except that the Physio is happy with my 90 bend(or was it 95 I can't remember now) and says everything else will just follow on if I keep on with my exercises. She kept my crutches & gave me a stick (cane)...
  2. HilaryP

    Bilateral TKR I Can't Believe It...I Did It!!!

    Hmm just re-read your post, it's a HIM :whistle: boys sometimes talk rubbish don't they!! H x
  3. HilaryP

    Bilateral TKR I Can't Believe It...I Did It!!!

    Hi Pam! Amazing I've not been on here for ages either & suddenly we're both here together!! I too have been busy healing...! I think we need to remember that we have twice as much healing to do so it will take a bit longer, something I think PT folks need to remember that too. I found that...
  4. HilaryP

    One Day To Go

    Take care, don't worry when the time comes you won't be bothered about the coffee! Before you know it you'll be waking up & demanding one! Rest, relax & recover well. Hugs :friends: H x
  5. HilaryP

    Bilateral TKR Hilary's Log Ride! - (telling it like it is..!)

    Nearly 8 weeks Post Op. You may have heard that parts of Scotland have experienced some unusually bad weather! I know lots of you think our 'snow fall' is a mere light scattering - but boy did we get some last Friday! I shall try & upload a photo or two after this post. 60+ hours without any...
  6. HilaryP

    Bilateral TKR Two weeks post bilateral TKR

    :goodpost: :iagree: There are many good things about this site you can always find something to cheer you, so if you are not fortunate enough to have a friend right there at that moment, the site can step in for the time being. Especially at that dreadful time in the wee small hours, when...
  7. HilaryP

    Bilateral TKR Hilary's Log Ride! - (telling it like it is..!)

    :iagree: Except I'll spend most of tomorrow (Thurs) in the car as the hospital is in Glasgow so that's an all day trip for us! If I'm a good girl :yahoo: I'll get a nice lunch whilst we are out! Friday will def be a very quiet day, until daughter, her husband & dog arrive about midnight...
  8. HilaryP

    Bilateral TKR Hilary's Log Ride! - (telling it like it is..!)

    robynhood SadKnee :thankyou: You are both very kind. Pat, let me guess either Nottingham way or near Whitby area, am I way off the mark? Sad Knee I don't think I ever told you that I'm not in the Highlands but just over the border from England then turn left and go all the way towards the...
  9. HilaryP

    Bilateral TKR I Can't Believe It...I Did It!!!

    Hi Pam! SLOW? What are you on? You're doing really well, I cannot have imagined going out for lunch at 2 1/2 weeks! Having my hair done which took about 1/2hr was hard!! By the way do you remember this statement you posted on my thread before I went in.....? By the time we get to the...
  10. HilaryP

    BTKR - March 27, 2013

    I'm nearly 7 weeks out from BTKR - best thing I've ever done apart from marrying my OH, having my kids...... you know what I mean. I was exactly the same as you, night pain etc etc, but you've been offered surgery so you can get your life back. Take it & do it, you won't regret it! Yes, it is...
  11. HilaryP

    TKR SadKnee Will Be Smiling Soon

    When I first saw my Physio two weeks ago I was EXACTLY the same, she said not to worry as this often happens! I mentioned somewhere that she gave me two new exercises. One was sitting on a higher chair/bed and gently pushing one leg back with my other foot counting to 5 & releasing x 5 or more...
  12. HilaryP

    Bilateral TKR Hilary's Log Ride! - (telling it like it is..!)

    Hello peoples! Our internet router box (?) died on Friday so we've been a bit lost, fortunately a new one arrived yesterday and we are back! Amazing how we managed - only a few years ago too - without mobiles, laptops etc etc. Land lines, library's & books!! The Knees? Oh they are just...
  13. HilaryP

    TKR SadKnee Will Be Smiling Soon

    Think I know how to tag!!!! I got told the t'other day........ @correctlyspeltnamewithnogapsofpersonyouwanttotag..... when you post the @ should have gone & name is underlined - I think that's how it went.....?? I've been trying to liken this healing process to folks reading books. We all...
  14. HilaryP

    Bilateral TKR 17 days post op BTKR

    Grief if I was told that I think I'd never have gone in!!!:scary: I was told 5 or 6 DAYS of discomfort, that was true & enough! Today for the first time (successfully) I've gone onto lower strength painkillers during the day, still on higher ones at night. The next stage will be I forget the...
  15. HilaryP

    TKR So exhausted - is this normal?

    :yay: Morning Brian! Great news, days like that just brill! Delighted to hear pain was less too.:dancy: Now I'm jealous I'd love to try a bike, but I'd be too scared! :bicycle2: I do have an electric bike, but I'm a while away from using it! Might see if I can borrow a friends exercise bike...
Back
Top Bottom