Recent content by Healer01

  1. H

    THR Healer01 in recovery

    I go back to work next week using my walker.This week Im trying to just walk to increase endurance..I'm trying to build quad strength.Its getting better slow but sure.I understand the importance of balance ad that's what I'm working for here,steady growth Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  2. H

    THR Healer01 in recovery

    Went back to the O S last week,he did another X-Ray and the fracture is much clearer.We had presumed it was a fracture and you could just see it well.It went all the way through .The OS said what was good was that the top of the fur did not float away and you can see some white strands which he...
  3. H

    THR Hi I'm back..

    Hi JoMarie.I quite smoking April 18, and I'm still struggling .Yesterday I was out socially and there were smokers around me.It was so hard.I wanted to smoke so bad.I told myself I love being free from cigarettes.I am not going to allow myself to die from lung cancer .It worked.I did not smoke.I...
  4. H

    We need to save this site!

    I actually mentioned in "Patient Forum"about BoneSmart needing help as there were some folks on there who had used Bone Smart in the past and spoke fondly of it.I agree with getting hold of all former BoneSmart users as they might be in a better place to give financially now that they are back...
  5. H

    THR uneven leg length

    I have had 1 hip done and will get the 2nd done in Oct.The OS said to expect the difference in leg length for now.I to use a lift.Since my non surgical hip is so bad I notice that it "catches"a lot more since the surgery .I have to minimally wear a thick memory foam slipper in the house or...
  6. H

    Bilateral THR Tony2hips Recovery

    You would absolutely think they would need to report all failures as if not it would definitely skew the findings.Hope you are doing better.I think it's how the hospital and Doctors behave when thing go wrong that is A measure of their knowledge and compassion. Sent from my iPhone using...
  7. H

    THR Healer01 in recovery

    Just a status update.My left hip ,and that fractured femur section is starting to feel much better.Still hurts but much more bearable.Im just starting to do light stuff like dishes and small cleaning task like cleaning the counters.I am not pushing it at all.I have no wiggle room if anything...
  8. H

    THR And so, I Continue

    Have a great adventure and tons of fun.My friend said it was hard walking on the actual beach sand so try to stay close to the waters edge so it's more solid walking surface. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  9. H

    THR Hipster Girl Recovery Thread

    Good to know.Thanks to Krista.My GP started that at about 55 years yong. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  10. H

    THR Bath transfer bench

    I actually use my walker in the shower to help me stay balanced. It might help you. Be very careful. They do have those hand rails that you can put on the inside of the shower, on the tile. Good luck Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  11. H

    THR Sudden incision pain and swelling after 4 weeks without!?

    Hi Jeweled.Please do give Josephine all your info so you can problem solve.I had a sudden increase in pain after almost 3 weeks of steady progress and ended up I had a fractured femur.Pain is your body's way of saying something is not right.Have you called the OS yet?No harm in doing an X-Ray...
  12. H

    THR Healer01 in recovery

    Hi Josephine.I have been researching it since yesterday AM and it is not uncommon.The O S basically put something that looks like a tent spike into the femur.The bone has already been compromised by the LTKR last year as well.I am only 4 11 and he did say he did have to exert a lot of pressure...
  13. H

    THR Jomarie58 recovery Begins!

    I know ,It for me literally counting my blessings.Jim and I have been together for36 years and he is still my best buddy.We of coarse have our differences but that's going to happen over the years.Our difficulties have also helped us to galvanize.We have seen so many relationships end sadly and...
  14. H

    THR Jomarie58 recovery Begins!

    Jo Marie it sounds as if you are doing very well.Have you ever seen those hand warmers fisherman and hunters use.Those are awesome for improving circulation to your hands.You might give those a try.They are not expensive.Sounds like you are doing awesome with your cane.It does not matter if you...
  15. H

    THR Healer01 in recovery

    Hii Krista.He said I could bear wt but that if it hurts that's the limit.I understand as everyone has a different"point".I tell my Moms that when they use pressure with a breast pump as what works for 1 does not work for another.He was pretty clear on taking time out and just resting it.Will...
Back
Top Bottom