THR Healer01 in recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it doesn't, too! Your doctor's comments sound hopeful. If I were you, I'd want more specific directions about the amount of weight-bearing and walking that you are allowed to do safely. I like things spelled out. Ignore me if I sound pushy!

Hii Krista.He said I could bear wt but that if it hurts that's the limit.I understand as everyone has a different"point".I tell my Moms that when they use pressure with a breast pump as what works for 1 does not work for another.He was pretty clear on taking time out and just resting it.Will have to earn points for Olympic Recliner Sitting.I do have a bunch of continuing education credits I need to do ,will start that tomorrow.Thank you Though.I totally understand where your coming from


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh no! Your poor husband and you have been through the wringer! I am doing my best to appreciate the good moments, sitting outside and watching the birds, seeing butterflies flutter around the flowers ...just little things but they do help me get through the day! Hang in there!


RTHR 1/15/2016. Posterior approach. Due to AVN. LTHR on May 26, 2016.
 
That sounds very sensible! If it hurts at all, stop doing it. And do lots of resting. Great idea to try to catch up on the continuing education credits while doing the sitting!
 
Hi Josephine.I have been researching it since yesterday AM and it is not uncommon.The O S basically put something that looks like a tent spike into the femur.The bone has already been compromised by the LTKR last year as well.I am only 4 11 and he did say he did have to exert a lot of pressure to get everything to fit.I will see if I can get a copy of the x-Ray on line,or even take a picture of it and send it to you.You can just see a black line right at the top of the stem .I was feeling really guilty at picking up that laundry but I was 3 weeks out and doing well.I was very careful to use precautions and line everything up well.My prosthesis is fine.Im just afraid that this will be a constant source of pain and ongoing issue.Do they have different size prosthesis,like extra short or is it one size fits all.Did a continuing education module on hip and knee replacement today.Do you need to get nursing continuing education credits in Europe.We need 30 every 2 years hereI was depressed yesterday but I got back with it today


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Just a status update.My left hip ,and that fractured femur section is starting to feel much better.Still hurts but much more bearable.Im just starting to do light stuff like dishes and small cleaning task like cleaning the counters.I am not pushing it at all.I have no wiggle room if anything else happens so I am erring on the side of safety.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Went back to the O S last week,he did another X-Ray and the fracture is much clearer.We had presumed it was a fracture and you could just see it well.It went all the way through .The OS said what was good was that the top of the fur did not float away and you can see some white strands which he states is the beginning of the healing process . I've read up on bone healing Am taking Lyposheric Vit C,Calcium with Vit D and K and magnesium,Also eating a lot of green leafy veges and protein sources like nuts, cheese and fish.Im doing a lot ore walking now but it really hurts.Both legs hurt.He pretty much told me not to do physical therapy so am doing glut squeezes ,foot pumping and walking .The OS said the idea is to build up strength while keeping the bone piece stable.Am open to suggestion.I heard of something called a flamingo stance where you stand on your op leg and raise your other 1 up to increase pressure and wt bearing.I thought I would try that of coarse only for short periods.Does anyone have any other suggestions?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I would just baby that hip for now. Walking is good - as tolerated. But you are dealing with a fracture. Bone take time to heal. Get the healing behind you and you can start to increase your mobility.
 
Your OS said not to do PT. So I would think that means not to do any exercising at all. I agree with Jaycey, if I were you, I'd just walk as necessary to do self-care, and nothing else. If your leg really hurts while walking, that is sending you a message - there is damaged tissue there. It needs a chance to heal. Best wishes in this process!
 
I go back to work next week using my walker.This week Im trying to just walk to increase endurance..I'm trying to build quad strength.Its getting better slow but sure.I understand the importance of balance ad that's what I'm working for here,steady growth


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hope you can take work slow and steady @Healer01 ! Please don't push too hard at work. You still have energy drain to deal with.
 
It is sad to me that you have to go back to work when you have a fracture and are only 7 weeks from THR. Unimaginable to me! I hope that the extra walking you are doing to build endurance doesn't hinder the fracture healing. Sending all my sympathy for your difficult situation, Healer.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom