Recent content by H2OPoloMom

  1. H2OPoloMom

    TKR Full moon and Friday the 13th!

    Thank you @kneeper and @plnppl! The swelling never goes away though sometimes it does get worse and feels bruised. BUT STILL SO MUCH BETTER than where I started! 10 weeks- sounds like time for a countdown! So excited for you @plnppl! Off to an 8th grade band concert woohoo!
  2. H2OPoloMom

    TKR Full moon and Friday the 13th!

    My knee is 7 and a half months new, and I'm definitely reaping the benefits of having it fixed! I don't limp at work anymore and I take the stairs up and down smiling as I pass the elevator! I am a little concerned about the continued clunking as well as the swelling. I thought by now that it...
  3. H2OPoloMom

    TKR Grumpy Old Woman

    Congratulations on the new granddaughter! So glad to hear that your knees are progressing, and that the European trip is scheduled! How very exciting for you! Merry Christmas!
  4. H2OPoloMom

    TKR A new chapter begins - 16 Dec 2014

    Hang in there @lunula! You are not behind in your recovery, you are right where you are. It may sound ridiculous, but your knee is your experience, and we're all a little different. When I was at your stage, I was taking 20mg of oxy every fours hours, Valium every 8 hours, and offset those with...
  5. H2OPoloMom

    TKR Full moon and Friday the 13th!

    Thank you @tiredwife and @Nana moon 27 - my hubby is doing fine. They are still working on regulating his blood thinners as his numbers keep shooting up and down when they try to adjust it. Merry Christmas to all of you!
  6. H2OPoloMom

    TKR Grumpy Old Woman

    I bet you've had some good cuddle sessions by now, soaking up the love! Babies are such a gift! Congratulations!
  7. H2OPoloMom

    TKR Full moon and Friday the 13th!

    Thanks for checking in on me @tiredwife! The knee is doing fine, still swollen, sometimes wakes me up compliments of ODIC I'm sure, but what seems to be ok one day is not necessarily the next. Still better than before surgery and although it does like to give way sometimes when I pick up my...
  8. H2OPoloMom

    TKR Full moon and Friday the 13th!

    @tiredwife, thanks for checking in on me. Have been crazy busy at school to the point that I'm putting in a good 20 hours on the weekends too! It's taken 5 weeks, but I used the stairs at school again today- yeah! I've been sleeping better, still waking up, but not every hour- double yeah...
  9. H2OPoloMom

    TKR Full moon and Friday the 13th!

    I did have six whole days of pretty good, so that will (hopefully) tide me over until I catch back up on my healing!
  10. H2OPoloMom

    Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

    My scar seems to be fading from the bottom up, but when my knee swells all my scars seem to pop even the ones from my arthroscopic surgery. It ends up looking like some twisted Squidward smiley face.
  11. H2OPoloMom

    TKR Full moon and Friday the 13th!

    Thank you @tiredwife and @marmora for your kind sentiments! How long does it take to undo 6 awesome mostly pain free days, decreased swelling, and sleep filled nights compliments of elevating? 1, yup folks, one day back at work and bam! It's back. Oh well, at least I got to see my kiddos today:)
  12. H2OPoloMom

    TKR Full moon and Friday the 13th!

    So, I have officially experienced a setback, or so says the pa at my ortho office. I get to go back in 3 weeks to make sure that I'm making progress. I will tell you that 6 days of elevating and not working and thus sleeping kind of ok have been wonderful! Back to work tomorrow, so back to pain...
  13. H2OPoloMom

    TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

    @71Beetle alerts have been slow and nonexistent in coming. I had mistakenly believed that many of my fellow Bone Smarties hadn't been posting and were moving on with life. I'm sorry to hear that you are still having trouble and still are not sleeping well! It is so hard to constantly be...
  14. H2OPoloMom

    TKR Full moon and Friday the 13th!

    So before my slip up on the step, I was doing stairs quite regularly. It still felt weird and uncomfortable, but I could do them without joining ODIC. What I'm curious about though is if anyone else feels like Chuck Norris when going up stairs? That is, you're pushing the earth down rather than...
Back
Top Bottom