It's so true that no two knee replacements are the same.
When I have stiffness or pain, it is usually my "older" knee...go figure!
My theory is it is from having to have it straightened more.
My skin is in the same place, but everything under it has been shifted and stretched into a new place...
Hi Freedom!
I feel your frustration!
Both my knees were bone on bone for years. I had my RTKR last August, followed by the LTRK in November.
I feel like I've done nothing but recover for seven months!!!
I really didn't feel the true benefit of my first surgery until I went through the second...
:flwrysmile:Today is my six month celebration for Knee #1 (and about three months for #2!!!!) :flwrysmile:
I have had many up and downs, but I have to say the "dark days" are fading away and seem like a bad dream.
I walked a mile, with hills over the weekend, and I only was a little sore...
Wow, you had a rough start!!!
Please be sure to set your boundaries for PT and get your meds on time!!
We all have had more conversations here about getting the Poop Fairy to visit (or get the heck out of here!) than we ever imagined before surgery!!
Being real is one of the many things that...
Hello Slainte!
It's so cool to "see" you, and wonderful to hear how well you are doing!!!!
I am recovering quicker from knee#2...hit 130/0 last week at PT.
I shoveled snow with my hubby yesterday and it didn't hurt at all!!!
I have started the job hunt...it's nice to have my brain back, LOL...
@Timetolive
I love the French toast reference!!!
I worked at a grocery store for years and I always mused about customers eating French toast for days when it snowed.
Some clever person in the Boston area has created the "French Toast Alert System" that alerts members to any snow threat and...
:yes!::flwrysmile::happydance::yay::happydance::yes!::flwrysmile:
Basically, just see this as I would use every single cute jumpy happy thing!!!!!!!
YAY!!!!!!
I had my TKR's 14 weeks apart.
It is challenging, but now that I am seven weeks out from the last surgery, I am so glad I did what I did!
My first knee was very crooked, so it was still slightly sore, but wonderfully solid and stable at 14 weeks when I went in for #2.
My recovery had progressed...
Hi everyone...I want throw something out there that I need advice on.
I have been chugging along with my two TKR's that were about 14 weeks apart.
I have decent ROM and great extension. My pain levels are such that I am pretty comfortable with Tylenol and occasionally a little Advil.
I have had...
Just stopping in to say hi!! :hi:
Sounds like troubles are down to a dull roar???
I have been finding it hard to not do too much lately.
We rented a dumpster to do a household purge while both kids were around from work and college. I have the role of the fearless leader for this (any)...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.