Guest viewing is limited

TKR August 24th RTKR...so thankful for this site!

I have been pretty upset..especially since I decided to take the severance option and concentrate on getting both knees set and recovering. I didn't want to be taking on another fight.

My first case is so close to being settled. My employer has already been found to be in the wrong (it actually was expanded into a company-wide investigation, with multiple wronged parties now!), it seems so crazy to have to give it up. The process at this point is to have a representative from my employer and the Feds sit down with my idea of what would make me whole and decide on a settlement. So close...:flabber:

The person who is my contact with the federal agency I have worked with was out of his office until yesterday. He responded to my voicemail plea this morning and I sent him some of the paperwork.
I am sitting tight until I hear back from him.

Believe it or not, the 45 days is an extended time frame for older workers, which I am glad for.
I think I am the only person in my region that has this issue, so I am leaning towards simple incompetence rather than a personal attack, but it still can make for a financial loss for me that seems unfair.

My own research has pretty much shown that some of the items on the contract are illegal...but I'm not a lawyer...I don't even play one on TV!
:heehee:
 
Hi everyone...I want throw something out there that I need advice on.
I have been chugging along with my two TKR's that were about 14 weeks apart.
I have decent ROM and great extension. My pain levels are such that I am pretty comfortable with Tylenol and occasionally a little Advil.
I have had the "tight band" feeling, but it really had been fading, especially on my right knee which is almost 5 months old.
Recently, I've had swelling on the front of both legs above my knees. It almost feels like I have sand weights strapped on them.
It doesn't effect bending my knees, it's above them. It just feels very awkward and distracting.
It starts as soon as I get up in the morning, so I don't feel like it is attached to any excercise or action in particular...it has been happening for about a week and a half.
I keep icing, which helps, but I can almost immediately feel it start again as soon as I start walking around.
It's driving me nuts!!!
Could it possibly be from the tourniquet? I have really...ummm...voluptuous thighs.
It seems so weird for it to start at this stage.
I do PT 2x a week...stationary bike, gentle stretches and massage and some hip excercises...nothing new there.
Any ideas or suggestions??
 
I am sorry you are having trouble. I also have voluptuous thighs (I LOVE that! So funny) and I have a swollen spot above my knee. Like someone plastered a 1/3 of a grapefruit on my lower thigh. I can see it through my slacks - so embarrassing. The other leg doesn't look like that. I do hope you figure out what is going on. It sounds like you are doing well other than this!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom