Recent content by GingerP

  1. GingerP

    Knee Infection* The girl with the two fake knees

    @ACDCJen my goodness girl!! Ankle surgery!! I'm sorry, but that sounds horrible and I've had both hips and both knees replaced.....and one was not easy! I will be praying that this surgery outcome is a good one. We have learned so much from the other surgeries, so use that great knowledge and...
  2. GingerP

    Revision TKR TKR in 2014 and now fractured femur'<

    @jenng2003 , if there is one thing I have learned, we know our body best and even though we have an idea that there are people out there that should know how to help us best, advocate for yourself! Keep asking questions, be persistent. Eventually someone will HEAR you! There came a time in my...
  3. GingerP

    TKR Right TKR is done

    @MSgirl, I have not done anything with cheese curds in the oven! For us hete, we love them fresh from the bag! They would never last long enough to use that way! I ordered several cheese trays on Thursday after my Dr appts and also added 10 lbs of cheese curds to the order. My mom is turning 90...
  4. GingerP

    TKR Right TKR is done

    Today I met with my OS on knee #2. He is very happy with my recovery and says that I'm doing well and will see me in 6 months. Said I will continue to gather more stamina and keep on going to 'open gym' at the PT facilities and my leg (as well as #1) will continue to get better. Keep working on...
  5. GingerP

    TKR Right TKR is done

    @KarriB , it seems that as I'm going in to exercise on my own at the PT facilities I can get in and out of the car easier. I think my first knee didn't really get a strong recovery due to the wound vac and the bad right knee. It feels like both knees are getting stronger and I'm gaining some...
  6. GingerP

    TKR Right TKR is done

    Today I went to exercise on my own at PT. I worked up a sweat even! Found it so fun that the PT director stopped by when I was exercising and asked that I had 'already' graduated and was working on my own...seemed surprised. ..as I guess I am at just 6 weeks. Not at all like I did with knee 1...
  7. GingerP

    Knee Infection* Right knee has been replaced

    Good luck on that exam! Also, great news getting time with your sweet grandbaby! Sending you best wishes that all starts to fall in place for you.....
  8. GingerP

    TKR Why did I wait?

    @MSgirl , such great news. I have to pinch myself this second tkr recovery sometimes! This tkr couldn't be more different than #1. And by that, I mean in a very good way . I attribute much of the good things to the new OS, and of course the knowledge learned in my hard time healing #1. So proud...
  9. GingerP

    TKR Incision opened when staples removed<

    @fours2many count me in on the list of 'no fan' of your OS. It is so irritating when you do all you can to be proactive to 'help' your situation and then those who are supposed to be there to help you, dont! I had an OS on #1 that was pompous enough to think that if I kept a bandaid over my...
  10. GingerP

    TKR Right TKR is done

    @MSgirl I'm so happy you got the cheese. I'm sure they will be fine. I was told they have some kind of insulating packing material to assist with shipping. I will have to consider those grits....I'm sure if they are prepared correctly they would be better than the mush I tried. Cheese is...
  11. GingerP

    TKR My Recent TKR

    @Slugger . Congratulations on your tkr and recovery so far. Sounds like you are progressing very well. I too have had good luck with my pt and have been thankful for their guidance and understanding. Back in the late 1990's when I was getting ready for my hip surgery, I was encouraged to go in...
  12. GingerP

    TKR Right TKR is done

    Today I have 'graduated ' from PT at the hospital . Yippee. The therapist was very good to share with me different exercises I can do to continue to strengthen my #1 tkr and continue to get stronger in general. My first tkr is still a little weak as I have to pull on my pant leg to get my leg...
  13. GingerP

    TKR Right TKR is done

    @grandma chris , when I had my hip surgery they said, they were easier than knees. Thinking back, my first hip, I was in the hospital 8 days. 2nd hip, 4 days, and my first knee, I was home in 24 hrs after surgery, but 2nd knee was 3 days after surgery. I had really good luck with my hips. You...
  14. GingerP

    TKR Right TKR is done

    @MSgirl - you will love the curds! We just eat them at room temp, with our meal. Around here they also put a batter on them and fry them in oil. Delicious hot and gooey. There are probably recipes on the internet. Thank you all for the good words on my recovery. I am very pleased at this tkr...
  15. GingerP

    TKR Right TKR is done

    Today was my second to last PT session. The therapist said there were a list of goals she was going to check today and see how I was doing. Got the knee bent to 115. Check. Checked my strength by resisting my leg and that was goid. Check. Asked if I have been doing foot over foot on stairs at...
Back
Top Bottom