Finally 2nd day they gave me a PCA but last night nurse, and last day nurse gave me trouble again. Both claiming the drs orders were incorrect and they new best.
Happy healing!
Kathy
Right TKR Dec 17, 2013
Left TKR Oct 15, 2013
Background:
Diagnosed bilateral bone on bone and OA knees Oct...
I am still awake ALMOST every hour, but at least once I shift or get up to pee, I fall back to sleep quickly. After what happened in the hospital I AM ABSOLUTELY staying on schedule with the meds. I don't care, minimal pain possible for me, thank you!
I shift the number of pillows for my legs...
Hi Jozilla
Glad to hear you did so well.
I arrived home about 2 pm Friday from my 2nd knee replacement on tues dec 12
Unfortunately hospital was not supportive ..the nurses kept doubting dr orders for pain relief and denying treatment. Dr raised h88ll on Wednesday and Thursday both about it...
Thanks so much @skigirl wonderful to receive your advice and encouragement.
I will do the reading AGAIN..did it with first knee, but I am sure retreading it will remind of items I'm not thing of it!
Happy healing!
Kathy
Just arrived home this afternoon from surgery for 2nd TKR. Fewer physical complications, but seems like more pain. Can't figure out how I will sleep in bed tonight. I tried raising leg with pillow no help...
I think it's because my head is always the way down and stretching the upper...
Sorry Jozilla
I've been offline for a few days. Started some new meds..making me groggy!
Regarding my pain pump (intrathecal pain pump) it is fantastic. Everyone has to go through several clearings in order to be eligible, but it has changed my life! It does not work for everyone though. But...
I agree. My OS used this same system... It healed quickly and thoroughly. The dissolvable stitches are in the lower layers of the incision..then glue to seal it up. The steri strips are specialized little band aids that act like butterfly stitches sort of..but in about 2-3 weeks they are no...
Hi Jozilla
Very unique difficulty with anesthesia because I shave had a morphine pump implanted in my abdomen since 2008.
It connects into my spinal cord to reduce EXTREME CONSTANT pain from several inoperable herniated diss.
The anesthesiologist didn't realize one builds up narcotic tolerance...
Hi lee
Just read your thread..had not seen it before. I know NY finger lakes well. It must be frigid right now!
After living up in the northeast for 51 years, I just moved to Florida 3 .5 yrs ago...health issues...survival...!
I just went back to work this week after my first TKR six weeks ago...
My second TKR (right) is scheduled for Dec 17 ! I am six weeks into recovery with LTKR.
THIS time I get to use the pre- op materials at Bonesmart. last time I did not find the community until a few days after surgery!
A little nervous about second surgery
1) they had anesthesia complications...
Congratulations Sonja
Great to hear your hard work is paying off!
It is such an inspiration to hear how you handle the ups and downs.
Please keep posting!!
Happy healing!
Kathy
Left TKR Oct 15, 2013
Right TKR Scheduled for Dec 17, 2013
Background:
Diagnosed bilateral bone on bone and OA...
Thanks Jozilla.
Part of the history here is that 2 weeks ago my partner and I broke up, so I have been suddenly living alone coping with the recovery. Having my son and granddaughter here was very grounding. I slept better than I have since surgery. And my mind was occupied with fun and joy for...
Today is my 5 th week since surgery
This weekend I learned what it meant to "overdo" with the TKR!
My son and granddaughter drove 10 hrs to spend 2 days with me. And this is only the second time I have seen briar rose. She is now 15 months old. ( they live in Tennessee)
I am well accustomed to...
You really don't need to depend on the PT being more gentle, because you are now in full control. If it hurts, you say "no thank you, or I must stop now."
I learned this from Bonesmart and am amazed how the pts respect it!
Happy healing!
Kathy
Left TKR Oct 15, 2013
Right TKR Scheduled for...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.