Guest viewing is limited

TKR 1st TKR, surgery veteran..new to TKR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you will enjoy having two shiny new knees. Might as well work on full recovery for both and reclaim a more active pain free life sooner. I am glad you will be able to use some of the holiday off time - that does get to be important also when you are off a while. Glad you used your bonesmart smarts at PT.

Take care. Lee:flwrysmile:
 
Glad to hear youre having the other knee sooner than later. For me if has worked the other way. I was planning to have my Rtkr this year. My left was last October. But I am finding my right knee has been much better with exercises and physio done for left knee. I am going to put it off as long as I can because recovery has been a lengthy process for me and I'm enjoying the results now and want to enjoy them a while longer. I know in the future I will need another op. My consultant seems to think two years. My left knee was in a very bad condition which restricted me in a lot of ways as regarding exercise and generally getting about a lot. This has changed so much since surgery and I am much more active and as I say this seems to gave helped it other knee so much? We are all different arent we and basically I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to surgery and all it entails so this suits me.
 
Today is my 5 th week since surgery

This weekend I learned what it meant to "overdo" with the TKR!
My son and granddaughter drove 10 hrs to spend 2 days with me. And this is only the second time I have seen briar rose. She is now 15 months old. ( they live in Tennessee)

I am well accustomed to to what happened next due to living wi chronic pain in y back for 0 years. In the excitement, adrenaline kicks in and masks the pain to a great deal...but then in the aftermath it is he$$ll!

What I could not control was the need for sleep! Every 3-4 hrs I would start nodding off.. I had to go take my 30 minute nap and then be up again.

They left Monday morning about 930am. I spent the day recuperating and resting to diminish the pain and knee extreme stiffness. Already when I arose in the middle of Tuesday morning (2 am?)...what a difference! The knee is smoother, less stiff Nd walking much more natural again.

I was scared that I had really gone backwards in recovery. But Bonesmart advice again saved the day..REST, ELEVATE, ICE... Very moderate exercise when hurting!

You know I can't resist sharing some pics of my little miss... Here you go!

[Bonesmart.org] 1st TKR,  surgery veteran..new to TKR




[Bonesmart.org] 1st TKR,  surgery veteran..new to TKR





Happy healing!
Kathy

Left TKR Oct 15, 2013
Right TKR Scheduled for Dec 17, 2013

Background:
Diagnosed bilateral bone on bone and OA knees Oct, 2012
Implanted intrathecal pain pump. 2008
4-6 additional herniated disks (lumbar and thoracic), 2004-now
Replacement damaged neck disks (c3-c5) 2004
 
Briar Rose is beautiful! Glad you had a great visit.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Thanks Jozilla.
Part of the history here is that 2 weeks ago my partner and I broke up, so I have been suddenly living alone coping with the recovery. Having my son and granddaughter here was very grounding. I slept better than I have since surgery. And my mind was occupied with fun and joy for those two days!
You can't beat that recipe for healing the body, eh?

Peace to you
Kpk


Happy healing!
Kathy

Left TKR Oct 15, 2013
Right TKR Scheduled for Dec 17, 2013

Background:
Diagnosed bilateral bone on bone and OA knees Oct, 2012
Implanted intrathecal pain pump. 2008
4-6 additional herniated disks (lumbar and thoracic), 2004-now
Replacement damaged neck disks (c3-c5) 2004
 
To me it is the best medicine! I have been reading your thread. Hang in there. It sounds like you are on a healthy healing path now physically and emotionally!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Well what a little cutie. No wonder she cheered you up. Shes beautiful. I am glad youre gradually beginning to feel better. It must be awful for you to go thru a break up and a TKR at the same time so you should be proud. You are doing really well. Most of us with support at home find it hard. So keep doing what you are doing the Bonesmart way. It is the only smart way. Take care.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom